𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

It was now about nine o'clock and everyone was stuffed and ready to go home, except Taniyah who would be staying the night with Kyonni as she does most weekends.

"Jai," Malakai called. "Come here let me talk to you." He smirked. Phoenix had told him that at the end of the dinner he needed to distract Jaidyn so that she could talk to Kyonni, Taniyah, and Myah about Jai's birthday.

While Malakai took Jaidyn upstairs to talk about absolutely nothing, Phoenix broke down her plans to the rest of them.

"Ite so, Myra booked the Airbnb it's a 5 bedroom house. Me and Jai gon' take the basement cause we grown." Phoenix said with a smirk.

"Aw hell naw." Myah mugged her understanding of what she was trying to imply making Phoenix stifle a laugh before continuing.

"While we're at dinner you two," she pointed between Kyonni and Myah. "Yall gon' decorate the basement for me. I'll get the stuff y'all just decorate." She made it clear and they nodded taking in her words.

"And Taniyah, you and Kai gon' go pick up her momma." She finished making everyone look at her with confusion.

"I thought her mom had to work?" Myah asked what everyone was thinking.

"Nah," Phoenix shook her head. "I had her lie to Jai so she could surprise her. Her granny coming too." She confessed.

"Awnn, Ms.Shirley is coming! She's gonna be so happy!" Kyonni clapped her hands. Jaidyn's grandma Shirley was her father's mom who lived in North Carolina. Even though Jaidyn's dad claimed he wasn't the father — even though he was, Ms.Shirley was still as active in Jaidyn's life as she could be. She flew into Chicago every Christmas, called Jaidyn frequently, and even had a college savings account for when Jaidyn graduated.

"I hope she will." Phoenix smiled.

November 25thSaturday

November 25th
Saturday

Today was the day that everyone would be leaving to go to Hawaii. Their flight would be leaving later at six so Phoenix decided to take Jaidyn on a date.

After ringing her doorbell, she was met with Myra. "Hey Nyx," Myra said moving to the side to let her in.

"Wassup Myra," Phoenix nodded. "Yo' sister ready?" She asked sitting on the couch.

"Not at all. She just got out of the shower." Myra laughed while Phoenix let out an irritable sigh. "Where y'all finna go though?" She asked flopping down onto the other couch.

"Finna go see the lil fish and shit. She has been talking about going for a while. Then have us a lil picnic." Phoenix shrugged and Myra nodded. A few minutes of silence later, Jaidyn finally made her way downstairs. Her outfit consisted of a white SKIMS tank top with matching leggings and wore a tan, black, and white oversized flannel on top. She paired her outfit with her tan foam runners and tan Marc Jacobs tote bag.