PROLOGUE

Bismillah
_____________________

"I HATE THEM"

"I hate them all so much"

"do not say that, they are still your elders Marwa" She glared at the human whom she called her sister. if it weren't for the fact that they were related, she would have punched her in the face the moment she started that sentence.

"do I look like I care? do I Amrah? Abba, Umma, Grandma, Grandpa, and the man they are forcing me to marry, I hate them all" she spatted furiously. "and don't make me add you to that list" she warned and her sister went silent.

It was all so unfair. it was cruel. how can they without her permission decide who she gets to spend the rest of her life with? Where do these elders get their audacity from? she needed to know ASAP so she could burn the place down.

just like how they are about to do with her life.

literally.

She just clocked 18 a month ago and had just started attending university but her noisy grandparents just had to step in. It's still a Mistry to her how they think they can shove their foreheads in her business just because they were her elders

how she hated that word.

Just a few weeks ago, she and her family flew to Sokoto where they originated from to visit her grandparents and that was when they noticed how grown up she was. I literally just started watching rated 18 movies. She remembered thinking in her mind when they said that. They started talking about marriage and her parents just sat there with a smile on their faces as if they just received the best news.

That was exactly what happened to her elder sister, Amrah. They arranged her marriage and she couldn't do anything about it. at that time, Marwa remembered bragging that what happened to her sister could never happen to her. She was going to have a love marriage and that was it. nobody is going to force her into marrying someone she doesn't love.

little did she know that 2 years later, she would be on the floor of her bedroom crying her eyes out. At that moment she felt extreme dislike towards her family. how can they still be living in the past? nobody arranges marriages now. they were in 2023 for god sake.

A small creak was heard by the door and a tiny figure came into view. "Mummy? why is Aunty crying?" the little girl asked looking at Marwa who in return glared at the poor girl. she got scared after seeing her Aunty's bloodshot eyes glaring at her and clutched her mother tightly.

"Hey, don't look at my baby like that" Amrah scolded and Marwa rolled her eyes which made her hiss in pain. her head was hurting and she just made it worse. "Nabeela?" she called out to her daughter. "hmm" she answered looking up at Amrah. "is daddy still with grandpa downstairs?" she asked and the little girl nodded. "yes"

Just then, the door swung open and Marwa groaned seeing her mother standing there before shutting the door and sitting on the bed. "so you're still crying? I still don't get why you're upset about this. marriage is sunnah remember?"

"I didn't forget and that doesn't mean forcing someone into getting married just because you want it" Marwa spoke feeling the frustration drip from her voice. "he is a very nice man, my dear, he has the wealth, the looks and whatever it is you girls look for in a man" what she just said sounded normal right? but it annoyed Marwa. why would she even say that? to convince her? cause it didn't work.

"I don't care. I really do not care about any of the things you just mentioned, I don't want to marry him" she said trying her very best not to sound disrespectful, she was still talking to her mother after all. "well too bad you don't have any other option and anyways, he is coming tomorrow to see you so sleep with that" Her mother concluded leaving no room for argument.