20. Chest🔥

.
.
.

Jungkook hesitated for a long time, panicky hesitated from not being good enough for Taehyung.

That magnificent man was mythical, perfect in every sense and Jungkook was afraid with a whole complex in his being that he would never be consistent for him.

Taehyung stood out for his intelligence from a young age. While other children read fairy tales and children's books, Tae realized that philosophies only make sense if they are taken as a way of feeling.

While the other kids were playing ball, that boy was sitting in the library absorbing the pages of a huge book about criminology.

That's why Jungkook was completely right to think that such a boy, and later a man, would not accept him because of his normality. And to this day he was startled when he sensed that such a discussion was imminent. And he didn't know why he hesitated from that inconsistency so much, he guessed because he was actually inconsistent.

But he was wrong.

Taehyung wasn't cold-blooded from the first sight of the little bunny in the corner of the kindergarten. And that feeling only blossomed with age.

So now, the two detectives met at an old favorite place, in a café across the street from the station. It was the place where their feelings were renewed and where, perhaps quite by chance, Taehyung felt the slightest sadness of not having him anymore.

But very soon, things changed, and the elder decided to try again with the man of his life who was anything but inconsistent.

- So...? - the older detective asked as he looked at Jungkook across from him. The younger one was sitting a little more relaxed than usual. His shoulders were slightly hunched and he gave the impression as if some great burden had fallen from his back.

They finally caught the main culprit of the murder, and now, there was only one thing left, but that will be settled soon.

Jungkook slowly lowered the spoon into the cake plate and it made a soft clink. Then he swallowed a bite as he looked at the other with big eyes. The younger looked like a little bambi in the headlights of a car that got caught on the highway.

Tae smiled at the sight of such a confused and cute boy in front of him and then continued.

- How do you feel now when we caught Justin?

- Umm... good... yes, I'm fine. - he nodded his head, looking away, as if he was trying to convince himself of that.

- Jungkookie... I know that you trusted Justin in some way, it must have hit you hard that it turned out he was the culprit...

- All the time he wanted to make me feel sorry for him, Tae. I'm glad we finally discovered his true face.

Taehyung nodded at that statement, not wanting to further encourage that topic and that conversation about the certan boy.

Jungkook sipped his coffee, holding a cup in both hands. He cleared his throat and finally managed to force himself to ask what had been haunting him for a long time.

- Tae... can we talk about... her?

And after so much anticipation, after so much fear, it happened that the question finally arrived, teasing all his sleepless nights.

Tae was exhausted from the long excitements and he was completely taken over by the fatigue of that incident. He wished he could turn back time and stop Yerin, he wished he could turn back the time before he decided to marry her. Then maybe he would break her heart, but not her spirit, her whole being.