13. Flame🔥

.
.
.

In a street where elms raised right next to the sidewalk, a small, tucked-away restaurant flourished.

Lamps partially illuminated the small gravel path that led to the entrance. And the large windows offered a wonderful view of the entire street, which was peaceful and quiet.

Some tables was reserved. Taehyung always chose places that were comfortable and cozy. He didn't like noise and crowds.

The light of a small fragrant candle shone in the form of a semicircle and was the only source of light around them.

Jungkook would occasionally throw a bashful look at the older man, who didn't take his eyes off the younger.

Jungkook was his art.

He was someone who was never available to other people. And after so much time spent without him, he knew that it remained that way. Jungkook's heart belonged to him.

Empty plates and glasses that had been refilled several times stood as the only witnesses of their conversation.

Taehyung gave Jungkook enough time to relax and mentally prepare for the conversation. That's why he didn't rush him. Only when the younger detective cleared his throat and looked up from the table he knew the time had come.

- Taehyung... - Jungkook paused. His heart was beating in an unknown rhythm and he had to swallow the lump that stuck in his throat.

The younger detective glossed over the fact that it was just him. His Taehyung.

His friend and his first and only love.

The man he had known for more than two decades.

The man to whom he gave everything he ever owned.

The elder just looked at him, because he knew he didn't say everything he wanted to.

- I... please, I want to know what happened between us yesterday? - the older man couldn't ignore the furrowed brows and that hidden spark of tears in the corner of Jungkook's eye, which would shine every time the flame's top shifted its direction towards Jungkook.

- Jungkook...

- Please, Tae... give me a chance to say everything I want. We haven't talked like this in years, Tae... every time I wanted to, you ignored me. Can you just imagine how I felt all this time when you were with her? - his voice became deeper and his tone rougher.

Jungkook had a chance to solve everything with him this evening. He had to take advantage of the opportunity, because knowing the elder, he will close himself like a shell again.

- Love... - silence.

The younger looked at him with his doe eyes, paralyzed by those words. It's been so long since he last heard it. And when he heard that, the circumstances were different.

- Listen to me... I know you aren't guilty for that incident. I can't do it anymore, I watched you so many times blame yourself and destroy your thoughts... I...

- Then why didn't you say anything? - and there it is. A question that Taehyung dreaded for a long time.

- Because I couldn't get over the fact that whenever I saw you, Kook, I would see her. Sorry, it's not your fault, but our actions led to that. - Jungkook was already crying.

- And now to answer the question... I know how you breathe, love. You forgot that. Knowing how angry and upset you were about the whole situation in the club... - he paused. The elder looked at the table in front of him, trying to ignore the younger man's painful reaction.