Chapter 6

"Got your text," Maryse and Robert walk in. "Is it really Stephen?"
"Yeah," I say as Jace walks in the room with Stephen.
"Hey, Maryse, Robert," Stephen smiles. Maryse and Robert aren't the ones to hug, but the two ran forward giving Stephen a huge hug.
"Can't believe you're here," Maryse says without pulling away. Maryse and Robert had gotten a divorce 12 years ago but they still talk, for the sake of Alec and Izzy. Her finger where her ring used to be on her left hand still has the pale white line.
"Neither can I," he says bluntly as she pulls away. "It's been so long." Stephen looks at her hand where that ring used to be and gives the two a look. For a moment, I thought Robert would say something but he just nodded.
"Can we go out?" Stephen asks both of them.
"I have some work to do, but you two go ahead," Robert tells them.
"You sure?" Stephen asks and Robert nods.

After they left I looked at Jace.
"Where do we start?" I ask him as Malachi who is only 3 and where's blue glitter everywhere runs in with a spoon.
"SPOON!" He screams, Alec runs in after him and grabs his little warlock baby.
"Malachi, please don't scream," Alec tells him. "And did daddy put glitter on you? Again?"
"Yass," Malachi giggles.
"Ugh," Alec holds his warlock child and looks at Jace and I. "Sorry about that."
"No problem," I smile. "Malachi is fine to do what he wants."
"Magnus taught him some magic and it is driving me crazy," Alec sighs.
"You get used to it, don't worry," I tell him.