Chapter 2

I follow Jace down the street, him following the instructions from Sebastian on where Valentines secret house it. He said he would meet us there.
"Never thought he'd have another secret house," I say as we turn a corner.
"That man had anything, never know what else he would have," Jace says as we stop in front of an old church. But I concentrate and the glamour strips off. The house is at least 4 stories high. It is made of what looks like mahogany wood and bricks. We slowly walk up the steps and open the door slowly, it creaking.
"Yo!" Sebastian yells from behind, scaring the shit out of me.
"Oh dude! Don't do that!" I hug him.
"Sorry, sis," he smiles, his green eyes sparkling.
"Let's go," Jace says and we go into the house. I hold up my witch light until Sebastian finds the light switch. From the door, the house just looks like a normal house, a kitchen, lounge room, bathroom. We checked out up stairs, when I came across a set of stairs behind a wooden door, leading down into a basement. I look around to see if Seb or Jace where near but weren't so I take out my witch light again and walk slowly and carefully down the stairs, they creak loudly but not loud enough for the boys to hear. The basement looks like the size of a whole room, like a bed room, I touch the end of the large bed.
"Gross," I wipe my hands on my legs. I saw a desk and went over, the top of the desk had pens, pencils and piles of paper, I sit down on the chair and go through the sheets. Nothing.
In the draw was more papers, but these ones had family trees on them. I search through, Penhallow, Carstairs, Lovelace, Blackthorn, Cockowl-I laugh at that-Pangborn, Battlescar, Fairchild, Lightwood, Herondale.
I take out the Fairchild, Carstairs, Lightwood and Heorndale ones out. I than set them on the desk. The first paper I pick up was Herodnale. So I found Jace's name, but next to it was a boy. Named Matthew Herondale. The line from both Jace and Matthew leading to Stephen and Celine Herondale. I look up, stunned at what I'm seeing. Than I hear a bang, and yell. Than a scream. I take the papers, bolt up the stairs but leave the papers at the door and run to the noise.
"JACE?!" I shout, "JONATHAN?!" I finally find them. And another person.
Stephen Herondale.