What If........Toffee never died in Battle for Mewni?

The Author: Ah yes, the infamous Battle for Mewni, a battle that determines what kind of person Star is and what her willingness hold, secrets revealed, friendship reunited at last, the return of a familiar foe to both Mother and Daughter.

In your time, Star blasted Toffee into goo and was crushed by a beam, ending his reign, yet his final words remain impactful and long lasting. But in this timeline, things play out much differently.

A small piece of Toffee is able to slither away from the crime scene that was the remains of himself, unbeknownst to Star and Moon.

Things went more or less the same as did following the aftermath in your timeline, Marco leaves for Earth, Star and Tom get back together, Marco returns to Mewni once more, Eclipsa is freed and Star questions alot of things with her world and Family. But this time Toffee remains in the shadows.

Alot of what happens in your reality, also happens here, Star discovering the lies of her kingdom, shocking revelations, both personal and political. But the change in the timestream happens at a point where Moon's fate is shifted.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Toffee slithers into a secluded and abandoned area of Butterfly Castle. *sighs* those ignorant Butterflies, if only they knew their reign was the cause of all that and that has happened through out Mewni History. Nevertheless, this could be an opportunity to observe from within.

Since Toffee's "supposed" demise business went on as usual in Butterfly Castle, Queen of Darkness being freed, Karate Boy (aka Marco Diaz) returning to Mewni, Star learning the truth of her family lineage, Moon being MIA and Eclipsa's daughter, who was thought to be dead decades ago has been alive for 300 years and now learned her true nature and set her sights on the throne of Mewni, ah yes, business as usual.

All Toffee could do was watch, overtime he had to move locations due to his slowly regenerating body growing back, whatever Star did to him had slowed his regeneration tenfold, it was no longer near instantaneous, it took months for his upper half to grow back fully.

But that was part of the plan, let the current conflict handle itself before striking once more. Soon enough he still stand in the wreckage of Butterfly Castle after Star's battle with Meteora, soon enough it was abandoned, an unexpected turn of events, but it did turn out to be in his favour.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Some Time Later.......

Moon approaches the Butterfly Castle ruins and pushes the doors open. As she enters, she passes various debris, piles of suits of armor, and a stone bust of Skywynne Butterfly. She puts a broken-off piece of the bust back on it and presses on. She stops by a dinner table that's been broken in half, and she hears the sound of flapping wings.

[gasps] Oh.

In her and River's old bedroom, she pushes the closet door open and sees her old royal armor in display. In a small wall compartment next to the armor, she finds her day planner.

Well, at least one thing is where it ought to be.

She closes the compartment door and makes her way back to the castle entrance. In a side corridor, she sees a glowing light and walks toward it, going down a flight of stairs.