XII. You

*Warning: this is the last bit of this book 🥲 but not my last story 🫡*

Hellooo!

Last bit of this book, guys 🥹

I hope it fulfils all your expectations 😘 if not, well I'll try it again next book 😜

I said to myself I wasn't going to cry 😭💔

.

The girls found a place to talk out in the hallway. They weren't completely isolated from the rest of the people, but at least the noise from the stage and the public out there granted them some sort of privacy.

"I can't believe I didn't realize sooner" Jade told the blonde as she leaned to her ear, covering her from the rest of the world with her tall body. "But after watching Alex's behaviour all day today... he's being so real! So much it's scary" she shuddered. "But at least... I'm sure he's not the one that's blocking our body swap."

Perrie took a deep breath.

"I know" she nodded. "It's me, Jade."

She took the girl's big hands in hers, preparing herself. No only she was free to reveal her feelings to Jade, now that she and Alex had broken up, but she was desperate to do so.

Jade had to hear it, once and for all...

"Jade, I-"

"You're choosing Alex."

Perrie furrowed her brow, confused at her certainty.

"... what?" she babbled.

"I was the one that told you not to say it until we were into our own bodies, remember?" she rolled her eyes. "How was I meant to know that that was exactly why we couldn't change back?!"

"Uh? Wait- no, Jade..."

"You don't need to lie anymore, Perrie, it's... it's in the way you look at him, I can see it. And... he's Axel's dad, come on..." she said, rather uncomfortable. "Look, the important here it's that your truth is out."

"But..."

"Mine, on the other side..."

Perrie had a lot to make clear to her, but she couldn't lie. She was very curious to know what she was referring to.

"... what is it?" she asked carefully.

It was Jade's turn to take a deep breath.

"Remember when I told you that..." she dropped her head, somewhat embarrassed. "... no matter who you choose to stay with, I'd be okay with it?"

The blonde's heart sank to her stomach, and the feeling only got worse when she ducked her head, searching for her girl's eyes and found them. With a tear rolling down from them.

"Jade..." Perrie let out under her breath. The sadness in the brown orbs broke her heart.

"Honestly, Pez, I... I don't think I can handle seeing you two together" the girl admitted. "But, I mean, I can try, you know?" she muttered, quickly wiping her tears away. "I just... just give me some time to get used to it..."

"... what does that mean?" the blonde wondered, but not sure if she wanted to hear the answer.

"As soon as we're back in our bodies, please" Jade asked, "pleeease, let me just... go away."

No. No, no, no, no... this can't be happening. Not again, the blonde thought.

"What? But- I don't understand" Perrie mumbled, eyebrows knitted together. "Jade, the spell is broken-"