X. Flow

*Warning: hi yew 😘*

Hellooo!

How have you guys been doing? 🤗 I hope you're having a nice summer (or winter 👀 if applies)

It took me long enough so NEXT CHAPTEEEER! Let's gooooo!

***

Perrie's POV

By the time we escorted Jade to her original room, there was no trace of Jordan or any of his belongings: Jade could finally have some peace. After all that drama, I insisted for her to stay and take a nap while me and Alex cover for her, but she discarded the idea.

So, without further ado, we headed to the hotel restaurant for lunch, and finally met up with Leigh-Anne, our mothers, and the rest of the group. I was starving!

Obviously, there were questions about the missing member at the table, but after me and Alex explained to them that Jordan had left for personal reasons -which wasn't a lie!- nobody mentioned him anymore. We spent a nice time with our families, and not long after, we rushed to rehearsals at the event venue, just as the producers of the show had told us.

"I can't believe we actually managed to go past security like that" I laughed once we made it to this dressing room where we'd be waiting while they called us.

We arrived to the event venue, that was only a couple blocks from the hotel. There were a lot of staff members working on the soundcheck, doing camera and lighting tests. By the looks of it, the production was gonna be massive!

And there was a lot of security too, so once we presented ourselves at the gate, they told us that they would only let the three of us in; since we arrived a fraction of an hour earlier, Leigh-Anne decided to stay outside with Andre for a bit, while we got in – what Leigh didn't hear though is that I told security that Jade was our musical arranger, so they could let her in as well.

In the end, it was most likely that she helped us with the cover's harmonies and stuff, so we didn't properly lie. But the most important thing for me was that I didn't want to leave her alone.

No matter how much she denied it or tried to hide it, since the confrontation with Jordan, Jade had been very quiet, and I couldn't blame her. She had every right to feel that way. Fortunately, during lunch no one had paid her that much attention for being 'Alex' – everyone's focus had been on 'Jade', and Alex had done a pretty good job joking around and just filling in for her.

"Baba?" I called her.

She had been really brave while hiding her feelings in front of everyone, and keeping it together all this time, but now that we had a moment alone, she didn't have to be strong anymore. She could take off her mask, and let her feelings flow...

"I..." Jade sighed, crestfallen. "I should probably go back to the hotel" she mumbled.

"Why would you do that?" I frowned.

"I shouldn't even be here, Pez" she said, pointing at herself. "I feel so bad doing this. It just feels so wrong..."

"No, Jade! Don't say that! This is exactly where you should be" I told her walking up to her, to this loveseat sofa she was sitting on. "Listen, I know lately things have been hard..."

"Oh, yeah?" she interrupted me, abruptly. "Have you had it hard lately?"

"Well, yes!"

I perfectly understood where this sudden anger came from: Jade was not only tired, for last night's hangover and the jet lag, but she had also just broken up with her boyfriend and, last but not least, she was still in someone else's body.