XI. Always

*Warning: we're getting closer to the end 🥹*

Hiii!

I know, it's been so long anskdaskdñl 😣 but in my defence...

I have nothing.

I won't blame you if you wanna give it a read to the previous chapter to recap, I had to do it myself 🫣

Let's continue ☝🏼

.

It was still early for the event, but the streets right outside the hotel already looked congested due the heavy traffic that embellished that warm evening. No matter what way Aaron, Andre and 'Alex' looked, left or right, they kept finding cars of all different colours and sizes, except for the one they had requested.

They were standing in the hotel entrance staircase, and they weren't alone: almost the entire hotel staff was attentive to this area, safeguarding the well-being of its guests, next to the private security that stayed attentive to all the celebrities coming in and out of the building.

"So... I'm going to tell you what I understood one more time, to see if I got it right" Andre said towards Aaron. "Is that okay?"

"Go ahead, I rather for you to solve your doubts now" Aaron reassured him, while desperately checked his phone, in his most recent attempt to contact the driver. "It's not like we have something else to do, besides waiting..."

"Alright. So, first, we get in the car" Andre numbered. "Then, we get to the red carpet and convince the organizers to let us be the ones receiving the girls" he said. "And finally, we wait for them to arrive."

"Exactly. You got it all right" Aaron nodded. "Although we cannot carry out the plan, because of step number one: the car it's not here yet!" he growled, but then immediately after took a deep breathe to recompose himself. It wasn't the boys' fault he was so stressed. "I'm sorry, I- let me just try and call them again."

As Aaron took a few steps away to re-dial, Andre turned to his other partner, who had been quiet for a while, lost in thought.

"So, Alex..." he started, but didn't receive an answer. "Alex?... Aleeex!"

"Uhh?" the startled girl babbled, but immediately after she regained conscious of her surroundings. "Oh- sup, bro?"

"I was wondering" Andre said, "do you think they interview us at the event?"

"I mean..." Jade contemplated the thought, rubbing her two-day stubble beard. "It could be, yeah. Maybe."

"And..." Andre continued, leaning to her and lowering his tone of voice. "... what are we going to tell them when they ask us why is Aaron with us and not your ex?"

"Well, first of all, it's great that Aaron offered to cover for him, bless him" Jade pointed out. "But I don't think they need to know that Jordan is my ex alrea- uhh... I mean..."

The girl's stuttering was only overshadowed by Andre's sonorous laugh.

"What-" the girl furrowed her brow, confused. "Wait, you know this?"

"Oh, this and a lot of other things I would rather not to know. You know what I'm saying, right, bro?" he mocked. "But you know what? At least I'm glad to know you and Perrie were able to settle your differences" he said, but couldn't help himself and wiggled his eyebrows, suggestively.

"Oh, please- let's just not talk about that" she asked him, blushing.

"Fair enough" Andre giggled. "However, after everything Leigh-Anne has said about you two all these years, actually, it doesn't surprise me" he assured her. "And when she revealed it to me earlier, I understood why Alex seemed to have learned that particular technique to down so many cocktails in such a short period of time" he taunted her once more.