𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐿𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓃

Depuis le début

"Thank you Seb," Rosalie said as she engulfed Sebastian in a hug.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was eleven-o'clock and all of the Hogwarts students were on the train at Hogsmeade Station. The students flooded to their train cart windows and waved goodbye to their professors.

Rosalie sat in the train cart with Poppy and Sebastian, and she was very surprised to see Ominis join them after the train departed the station. She assumed things were getting better between her two Slytherin friends, now she needed to get some bravery to speak to him, too. If only she could borrow some traits from a Gryffindor.

The train ride wasn't what she imagined it would be. It was long, extremely too long. And she was getting motion sickness. Rosalie tried eating the chocolate frogs she bought off the sweet trolley, but nothing seemed to be working.

It was about five hours into this train ride, and only Rose and Sebastian were left in their cart. He told her that they were approaching Cragcroft, that's where he and Anne now resided, and she felt her heart drop to her stomach. She knew it was coming. She knew once he got off the train, the memory of this year was all she had left for the next two months. As the train was coming to a stop, the tears in Rosalie's eyes began to fall. Sebastian gave her one last hug and kissed her head.

"Don't worry darling, summer break will go by quickly. We'll be back at Hogwarts together before we know it," Sebastian said as he released her. Tears were now falling from his eyes.

After everything they've been through, after everything they've done, this was what hurt the most. She felt like she was leaving the last part of her behind. She waved goodbye to Sebastian who was watching her from the platform. He blew her a kiss and winked as the train departed the Cragcroft Station. Now, only another hour until she reaches London; her dreaded nightmare.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie had been home for three days and it was already worse than she imagined. Her parents didn't pick her up from the train station, and when she came through the front door of her London home, neither parent even acknowledged her. She didn't expect anything less, but she always had a bit of hope that things would change. She hated it here. Rose wasn't sleeping, she was barely eating. She had spent these past three days painting in her bedroom. She was lost in thought when she heard pecking at her window. Just then, Rosalie saw the most beautiful smokey grey owl. It was carrying a letter with a fancy "S" wax seal. Rose grabbed a piece of banana bread she had made earlier that morning and gave it to the owl as a treat. She unrolled the parchment and started reading to see who it was from:

2 July 1891

My dearest Rosie,

"A dead giveaway," Rose said softly to herself with the brightest smile on her face. She continued reading:

It has been approximately three days since I last saw you. And those three days feel like years. I'm hoping your time in London is tolerable.

Anne has been asking about you. She mentioned to me that she wrote to you not too long ago. She misses you, and she told me to tell you that. We've been talking and we want to invite you to come visit us for your birthday. Anne said she can clean out the extra bedroom we have and you can stay as long as you'd like!

Please let me know, I would love to show you around the town.

Hopefully see you soon,

Sebastian

Rosalie couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Her heart felt so full. She had a warm feeling inside her. She was actually happy. Spending her birthday with Sebastian and Anne in Cragcroft sounded so wonderful. Rosalie immediately ran downstairs and asked her parents for permission. Of course they said yes, well it was more like they waved her off and her mother mumbled, "whatever you want to do." Rosalie rolled her eyes, quickly said "thank you," and ran back upstairs. She grabbed her parchment and quill and started writing back to her favorite twins.

3 July 1891

Dear Sebastian and Anne,

Yes, of course I'll come stay with you. My parents are leaving on the 24th of July.

I can take the train over that morning. I can't wait to see Cragcroft and everything it has to offer. I can stay for however long you'd have me, I just need to come back to London before we head back to Hogwarts.

With lots of love,

Rosalie

Rosalie read over her letter multiple times to make sure everything was perfect. She pinched another piece of banana bread off the loaf and gave it to the smokey grey owl. It almost seemed like it was waiting for her to give it a letter to send back. The owl quickly ate the bread and let Rosalie scratch its neck before taking the rolled parchment and flying off. Now, all Rosalie had to do was to live through the next three weeks.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~