Chapter 126 - Decisions

Start from the beginning

Marcus literally just told her to shut up yet she's instantly talking once again, at least we're partially on topic now though. Also, it says a lot just how relaxed all of us are compared to Marcus over this sort of thing, we're not being arrogant but wiping out an army of thousands are barely suffering any injuries is a reason for slight confidence after all.

"Already spoken to Garry and he doesn't see the point in attending since he reckons this is only a problem the two queens can solve. So then Petra and Ikarus, how do you plan on dealing with this monastery situation? Are we preparing for a full-scale invasion which could potentially anger the empire, suing for peace or even just forgetting about the whole thing? Planning for war isn't really something I'm accustomed to"

Damn nickname, just grit your teeth and accept it Ikarus otherwise you'll end up being a massive hypocrite. I always call Garry the gnome after all but should probably be focusing on the fanatics in the big church right now, Marcus does appear to be sweating slightly due to the stress and I can understand his fears a little over this.

"Heh, you're worrying too much about this Marcus. Defence was always going to be our weakness and considering how well things have apparently turned out, there's not that much to worry about"

Petra's reaction has irked me a little, I'm not going to lie.

"The thing is... I'm actually agreeing with him this time around Petra. That armoured guy in particular was noteworthy so we can't take these lot for granted. Who's to say they don't have over a thousand more paladins ready to fight and even have more armoured guys like that? I remember you saying they had a secret weapon once but nothing about that armour"

Of course, it's not like we can agree on everything but I might actually be right this time around.

"Ah, apologies Ikarus, it probably sounds like I'm underestimating them again. Believe me, this time around I'm not. See, the monastery don't understand we have a weapon more powerful than anything they can even comprehend, something which no weapon nor armour can protect against. That's why I'm pretty confident on any counter attack we may potentially do"

(Marcus) "What's that then?"

(Penelope) "We have a secret weapon Petra!?"

(Ikarus) "Yeah, what Petra?"

Petra pauses, I was thinking it was for dramatic effect but turns out I'm just being a little oblivious.

"Heh, you Ikarus. You're not forgetting you have the ability to wipe them out in a split second, are you? You're perfect for the attacking side of things... among everything else as well"

Urgh, Petra just called me perfect and tried to hide that compliment within that attack statement. Despite the obvious blushing I'm trying to hide being called that, I thought Petra wanted a different approach to how we deal with them.

"Of course I'm freaking not forgetting about it, I thought you wanted to take a more peaceful option to this though"

"Ikarus... that was before they dared tried to attack you and our home. We can try for a different option if you want but they've made their intentions clear now. I'd rather just wipe the slate clean"

Huh, it's just her opinion has changed then, it makes sense due to what they've done. The monastery has started a war against us so it's only fair we pay them back, I'm unsure if we should go straight to destruction though.

"Hey, I'm not against the idea completely nuking them but shouldn't we at least share words with whoever runs the show over there? I'm just thinking about monetary gain really"

Why I'm thinking of such a thing is simply down to trying to rinse them of all they've got. It's a monastery so they've got to have priceless relics and all sorts of things like that so maybe if they are scared enough of us, then we could get war reparations? I'm always for a good explosion but if it helps improve the settlement, then I can always put that tendency aside.