chapter two

Faith Cameron

I turn to open the bathroom door and see Anzari standing there. Without saying a word, he stands there and looks me in the face as if he wants to analyze me.

I immediately ask him: "Do you want to use the toilet?" to break the awkward silence between us.

He just nodded at me without saying anything.

I give him a quick smile as I walk out the door and go in search of Julia.

My heart would literally explode because why does he look so good and much better than the last time I saw him?

He makes me so nervous and it's been a long time since I've felt this way.

My steps quicken to find Julia so she can send me home because I can't stay here any longer. I need a moment alone to process everything.

I see Julia is still dancing with the girls, so I go to her and she turns to me and says, "Hey babe, let's dance together."

But I quickly whisper "I think I want to go home."

She looked at me for a moment and just nodded. We walked out of the house without anyone noticing and went straight to Julia's car.

On the drive home, my head was turned towards the window and Julia didn't even try to start a conversation with me.

She knew me so well that when I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed, I don't like to talk to anyone. So she just gave me some space until I felt better.

That's one thing I love about Julia. She is so understanding and a very good friend to me.

She knew that I would come to her when I was feeling better and explain everything to her.

Once we arrive at my house, I turn my face toward Julia and say goodnight to her.

I reached out my hand to open the door, and before I could get out of the car, Julia quickly said to me, "Whatever happened just now, you better tell me once you get better."

I simply nodded at her and walked into my house.

---

As I lay down on the bed, my thoughts went to him.

I'm curious as to why he moved schools and came to this school.

Why did he choose this school? Perhaps his family moved here.

But they are wealthy, and this is a small town.

People as wealthy as them would not come here for fun.

Maybe I should ask him tomorrow. but he doesn't even know me.

No, I can't make him aware that I know him. I don't want anything to do with him anymore.

Anzari was my first crush. I never liked anyone else after him.

We never spoke, and I don't think he knows who I am.

The old me would undoubtedly want to be friends with him, but this new version of myself would never do so.