The Magician

The Magician card is the number one (1)-number of new opportunities and beginnings.
It is associated with the planet Mercury.

The magician is standing strong behind the table, with one hand stretched upwards towards the universe and the other pointing down to the earth. This positioning represents his connection between the spiritual and material realms. He knows how to manifest his energy into matter and bring it to the physical world.

The magician's robe is white, symbolising purity.

On the table in front of him are the four symbols of the Tarot suits: a cup, pentacle, sword, and wand, each symbolising one of the four elements: water, earth, air, and fire. It is also a sign that he has all the tools he needs to manifest his intentions. Above his head is the infinity symbol, which signals that he has access to unlimited potential. And in the foreground is an array of foliage and flowers, symbolising the blossoming and fruition of his ideas and aspirations.

UPRIGHT: Manifestation, resourcefulness, power, inspired action

REVERSED: Manipulation, poor planning, untapped talents

****

Five years ago

"Liam, LIAM! Be so kind and bring some towels! Sam has felt with his bicycle, and he has bloody knees," said Samantha when she was washing her youngest son's legs. Mud and little stones were all over the scar he got from the accident.

"It's been for the second time in a week. Be more careful, sweetheart," said the mother to Sam when Liam approached them.

She turned to Liam as she acknowledged him. '' Thank you, love." She took the towel from Liam's hands and gently rubbed Sam's knees to wipe away the water and blood that still kept collecting on top of the bruised skin.

After she was happy with her work, she smiled, hugged, and kissed both of the boys. "Look, all done. Like the accident never happened. One, two, three, and it will be healed. You two are both my courageous boys!" She smiled again and hugged them both tightly.

"Now it's time for dinner. Wash your hands! Both of you! And come to the dining table. Your father is late again; I guess he has some big business to solve again." She smiled and went to the kitchen.

The boys heard the opening of the kitchen counter, and plates were taken from them, and their mother must have put them on the table. Then they heard the sound of the glass being put aside on each plate. The knife and forks join the plates, and for the end, some big, heavy metal dish must have landed in the middle of the table.

"Spaghetti Bolognese time! Boys, dinner is ready!" they heard mothers voice from the dining room.

They looked at each other and ran to the bathroom to wash their hands. They have splashed water all over the bathroom, and the liquid soap made a big bloop on the sink. Liam was quite older than Sam, but he always enjoyed time with him. Eight years was a big year gap for many siblings. Older siblings were most likely different in their ways of thinking, but for Liam, it seemed easier to be immature and play around with Sam.

"Whoever is the first at the dining table wins!" said Liam, gently touching Sam's shoulder. They both raced to the dining room, and Sam almost fell through the dining room door. Liam let out soft laughter. He was sitting on the chair, preparing for the dinner.

"Please don't fall again. We just wiped your knees of blood."

Sam rolled his eyes and sat on the chair next to his brothers. They weren't sitting still. There was an elbow war going on between them. Giggles and laughs came out of their mouths.

"Couldn't you boys please stop for once? Let's have a normal dinner, shall we?" Said mother, with her deep look and curved brows, told boys it was time to sit still and eat. They looked at each other and giggled.