Judgment

The judgement card shows naked men, women, and children rising from their graves, arms outspread, and looking up into the sky. Above, Archangel Gabriel, the Messenger of God, blows his trumpet. The people respond to his call, ready to be judged and to find out if they will be accepted into the heavens or not. In the background is an extensive mountain range, signifying the insurmountable obstacles and the impossibility of avoiding judgement.

UPRIGHT: Judgement, rebirth, inner calling, absolution
REVERSED: Self-doubt, inner critic, ignoring the call
***

Sunshine came through silver clouds on the first September day. Alice felt like the entire world conspired against her. She felt alone and abandoned; her friends were the ones who could help her out.

Alice's mother still hadn't come back as promised to her daughter; therefore, Alice had quite a stressful weekend behind her.

A day before, Sunday

Taking buses to the main train station and taking an hour-long train trip to her mother's apartment was on Alice's schedule for last weekend in August. Alice had to prepare everything for her first day of her last year in high school. With a call to her best friend and help from Maxwell and Harry, Alice got everything she needed.

"How was your holiday, Al?" said Max while he sat down behind the kitchen table with a glass of milk.

"Ah, I have no idea where to start," she answered, rolling her eyes.

"It was that bad? It didn't seem bad what Nadia told us." said Harry and winked at Nadia.

"Really, are you sure? Then you probably heard the wrong story," said a surprised Alice, who looked at Nadia.

Nadia grinned and winked.

"So, what is your story then?" Harry was extremely curious because Nadia did hint to boys about Alice's new boyfriend, but the stories didn't match completely. Nadia's story covered only the part when she was present in London. A few days later, Alice told her through a smartphone conversation that things between her and Liam seemed to be getting serious.

Monday morning, a second week of August

It was a two-hour-long conversation during the second week of Alice's living with Liam and Sam. Liam was in his flat with Kendrick while Sam went out with his friends. Alice took advantage of being alone and called her best friend for some tips about relationships.

Alice shared her secret about sleeping with Liam with her best friend after their activity game, which turned into a seductive poker game.

"I knew there was something cooking up between the two of you. You were too obvious in Hyde Park and at the museum." Nadia gave a good response, despite being aware of their significant age difference. "I am so happy for you. He is a very handsome man. But I still like Sam more, so we are good." She added it and giggled.

Alice rolled her eyes at the other end of the phone line and sighed. "I am still worrying about our age gap. He is a man, and I am still a teenager. Hopefully I am not just someone who takes his boredom away for a short period of time."

Nadia sighed, and Alice got the feeling that she was thinking about what to say next. "If I learned anything about boys or men here and in Ukraine, he looked like he was really into you, Al. Liam couldn't stop staring and observing you."

Alice smiled, and she felt a warm rush come over her body. "Liam asked me on a proper date last night. He planned it for this evening, after he comes back from his company."

"Yeeeeeeeeee." A scream came from the other side of the phone. It was such a loud scream that it made Alice put the phone away from her ear. "I told you, he is into you!" Nadia added after she stopped yelling.