"oh, man. leo's a goner." talked donnie.

"oh, nodie dodie." added mickey.

but instead your sensei let his son go, looking down to him with an impressed face "well done, leonardo. but just when you had the advantage, you hesitated, and that made you vulnerable."

your leader started to get up as he answered "hai, sensei."

master splinter walked away as he signed the end of the training "now, that is all for today." he stopped in front of the door of his room "unless you care for a rematch."

"no, thanks." said donatello.

"i'm good." followed michelangelo.

"yeah, i think we're all set here." ended raphael as you all nodded nervously.

master splinter entered his room and you finally relaxed, moving to compliment your leader.

"leo!" you shouted as you jumped at his neck, hugging it tightly.

"not bad." commented raphael as he crossed his arms on his chest, his eyes lingering on you for a moment.

"dude, i can't believe you actually tagged sensei. that was epic." donatello's hands flied  around as he spoke.

michelangelo grabbed leonardo's left hand eyeing it "the hand that punched splinter. you know, you can never wash this again."

"mickey i think it was the other one" you laughed.

you let go of leonardo's neck as he spoke.

"i gotta say, guys, it was all teamwork." his eyes moved on you "we are definitely getting better." he added.

your smile became even bigger at his comment and — to stop the urge of choking him again — you punched his shoulder, making him let a small 'ouch'.

"think we might be catching up to splinter?" questioned donatello, hope filling his eyes.

"yeah, maybe soon, we won't need him to train us at all." answered michelangelo as you jokingly rolled your eyes.

"soon? more like in a hundred years" you added with a smile.

──────────────────────

splinter scream was what made you ran back to the dojo, your feet moving without you thinking.

you threw yourself at the entrance, your eyes scanning around the room until they landed on your sensei.

he was on the ground, holding his head in pain as leonardo and michelangelo observed him.

raphael and you up on your feet as the other two were crouched down.

suddenly donatello entered the room, stopping in front of his father face.

"sensei, are you okay?" asked donatello as he tried to meet master splinter eyes.

"i am fine." came his sensei reply.

but leonardo didn't seem so sure "are you sure you're all right? you don't seem-"