Gustavo Montejo, a respected doctor in US, was intricately connected to someone of great significance to me. Yet, beneath his facade lurked a darker secret - his involvement in human trafficking and illegal activities, including the gruesome trade in organs. Gabriel, his son, served as my ticket into this twisted world. Slowly, we were uncovering the hidden truth. My father's influence had already led us to suspect that Montejo might be responsible for my...

This was the plan, the grand scheme my father had devised - a sham marriage to bring us closer to the elusive truth.

But now, she was no longer by my side, and I had no idea when or if I'd ever see her again. The intricate web of secrets and lies had torn us apart, leaving me with the daunting task of explaining it all when she returned.

As I struggled to trace her whereabouts, I wiped my tears once more. It felt like her essence lingered in this very room - the nights she spent here while nursing me through my fever, the meals she prepared with care, the sound of her voice that now felt like a distant memory. Oh, how I longed for it all.

But hope seemed elusive. It appeared that Vien had deliberately distanced herself from me. Her presence at the ceremony, her hand entwined with the girl I yearned for, it all cut through me like a blade.

It should have been me. It should have been me if I already explain everything to her, to offer my hand as she descended those stairs, to witness her genuine smile directed at me. But I had faltered, and now, the chance had slipped through my fingers.

The toughest battle I encounter daily is coping with the profound void left by her absence.

I miss you, I miss your presence,I miss your smile.

I'm still here waiting for you, waiting for you to talk to me,
waiting for you to comeback to me

But if you will not comeback, then I will find you myself.

I will find you, Freyja.

"I'll find her, no matter what it takes," I affirmed.

As the clock struck 11 in the morning, I descended the stairs to return the tray prepared by the maid. It couldn't even compare to Jael's cooking - it was just a bland meal.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the plainness of it all.

Suddenly, a man's voice interrupted my steps as I approached the stairs. I turned to see my father standing there, dressed in his usual black suit.

"Is she your girlfriend?" he inquired.

"I already told you, didn't I?" I retorted.

"I thought you were just joking," he replied, his tone serious.

"I wasn't, Dad. You know me, I don't make jokes," I retorted.

"So you're letting yourself go like this because of that girl?" His voice began to rise.

I was taken aback. Why was Jael our topic of conversation?

"Dad..."

"If I knew my suspicions about that girl were correct, I would be the one to put a bullet in her," he continued, his frustration evident.

His words ignited a fiery anger within me.

"Don't you dare! Shut up and leave! I swear, old man, if you lay a hand on her, I'll deal you myself," I retorted, clenching my fists. The urge to slap him surged within me.

"Eya!?"

"Yes! If you had been a loving father, she wouldn't be dead! This is your fault too. Don't you dare touch that girl. I swear to God, I'll take a bullet for her, and I won't hesitate to use my own hands to deal with you!" I exclaimed.