#6

It has been three weeks since the Sullys arrived at Awatulu. The sully Teens were now fluent in Metkayina sign language and were all excellent divers.

Neteyam and Ao'nung have been meeting up every single night for dinner on the beach. Even if they didn't have a lesson that day.

Quickly getting to know everything about each other, growing closer by the day.

When their parents asked about friends, both boys would reply with the other's name, labeling them as his best friend.

The others were also becoming closer, spending every day in and out of lessons together.

Lo'ak and Tsireya both quickly developed a fondness for each other, always hanging out alone. Both unaware of how deep the others feelings for them was.

Kiri and Roxto had also become quite close, being the shy, quiet Navis of the group. Swimming together to collect shells before going back and making jewelry out of them.

Tuk stopped coming to the lessons with the teens, choosing to spend her lesson time with her young Navi friends which was led by the elders.

Neteyam felt happy, his siblings were settling in very well, learning quickly. He was glad they had found friends and were safe with them.

His father still gave him a hard time about being on top of everything and taking care of his siblings. His mother still trying to settle her mate down, to give their eldest more freedom. Both unaware of just how hard the burden was on Neteyams shoulders.

But Aonungs company kept Neteyams thoughts clean, he ate a meal daily and worried a little less about everyone else, taking more care of himself.

Aonung was the glue to his broken soul. Putting Neteyam first above everything, having known everything about the boy.

Neteyam for the first time opened up to someone about everything, and this person was Ao'nung.

Unbeknownst to the other, both boys slowly realized they didn't want to just be friends with the other.

They wanted more.

Aonung knew of Neteyams struggles with himself, as the reason he didn't like eating started with a boy. He was waiting for the other to realize their connection.

Neteyam, knew he liked Aonung from the moment he met him, but the thoughts in his head were pushing those feelings away. Burying them deep down back into his heart.

When it came to stuff like this Neteyam was led by his head and not his heart. But with Aonung those feelings and thoughts lightened. He was slowly starting to come to terms with those feelings.

The group was down at the beach, all stood in the shallows of the water.

"So today you are going to learn to ride an ilu, your diving and breathing have improved so much, you guys are more than ready" Tsireya said to the group of teens

"Yay, I've been waiting for this" loak said, his smile wider than ever staring at Tsireya

"If you want to survive here you have to ride" Ao'nung said as he called a couple ilus, looking at Neteyam.

"Ok, Lo'ak you go with Reya, kiri with me and Neteyam you go with Ao'nung. We will teach you to ride these beautiful creatures" Roxto said to the group before taking Kiri a little bit away with an ilu.

Lo'ak followed Tsireya over to their own area in the shallows.

While Neteyams hand was grabbed by Aonungs, who was dragging him further away from the others.