#3

Neteyam slept well, the sun was shining bright into the mauri, just skimming over his face.

He woke up suddenly to Tuk jumping on his freshly full stomach.

"Teyam, Teyam, wake upppppp" she yells

"What Tuk? Im up, im up" he says sitting up pulling her into a tight hug to stop her from jumping on him even more.

"We have training today, we're gonna learn to swim" Tuk yells excitedly.

"Tuk we already know how to swim" he says getting up and putting her down gently so he can get ready.

"I know but in the ocean Teyam, it's so much bigger than the lakes back home. And Ao'nungs gonna be there" She says, sitting cross legged on his bed

Neteyams head flys up as soon as he hears that, his pupils dilate as his eyes widen. Thinking about last night and everything comes to his mind.

The feeling he felt, that same feeling he's pushing away.

"And Tsireya and Roxto, they're so nice Teyem. Arnt you exited?" She yelps

"Yeah I am, now hurry along dear sister, go make sure your bed is made and go have breakfast before mom and dad get mad" Neteyam says ushering his little sister over to her own bed

He continues to get ready for the day, fixing the braids in his hair, that had come undone in the winds the flight from the forest.

His stomach gurgles with hunger. He placed a hand gently onto it calming it down.

Neteyam knew he had to eat something, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Last night, he didn't want to eat. But let Ao'nung feed him.

Something felt different with him. Neteyam felt safe with Ao'nung, like there were no problems that burdened his life.

Neteyams thoughts started to wonder and his stomach growled louder.

'Stop screaming at me I know' he thought while holding his stomach again.

"Teyam you ready?" says Loak standing at the entrance to their mauri.

"Yup, let's go" Neteyam replies, shaking his head to throw the thoughts away in his mind.

"Did you have breakfast brother?" Neteyam asks

"Yeah I did, did you?" Lo'ak asks

"Yup, now let's go before we're late" Neteyam replies gently pushing his brother out of the entrance, placing his other hand on Kiris shoulder too.

Tuk leading the way in front.

The Sully teens make their way down to the beach, where they were meeting the Metkayina teens.

With each step Neteyam took, the butterfly's in his stomach increased.

Ao'nung, Tsireya and Roxto were stood waist deep in the shallows of the water.

Neteyam picked his little sister up into his arms, and followed his younger sibling into the water.

"Hey" Tsireya says eyeing Lo'ak

"Hey" the Sullys repeat.

"For your first lesson we are just going to see how well you can dive" Tsireya says

"Stay close ok" Neteyam says sternly to his siblings

"Yes Teyam" they reply.

They all head deeper into the water, Neteyam lets go of Tuk and follows closely behind them all.

The water glistens around Neteyam, his hair spread across the surface in a halo.

He takes a deep breath and sinks into the water

Swimming around admiring the beautiful sea around him, but still keeping close to his siblings, making sure they are alright.

Someone taps him on the shoulder, causing him to gasp in fright. Loosing the needed air to live.

Neteyam swims up hurriedly to the surface of the water, taking in a fresh breath of air, before lowering his head back into the water, to see Ao'nung following him slowly behind.

He breaks the surface.

"You alright forest boy, feeling faint again?" He asks

"No I feel fine, you just scared me" Neteyam replies, feeling his heart start to race.

He places a hand on his chest to stop it, hoping Ao'nung doesn't notice.

"Ok just making sure, I was going to point you to a bed of coral that's absolutely beautiful down there" Ao'nung says

"Oh sorry, we can go now" Neteyam replies taking a deep breath, sinking back into the water.

He follows Aonung down to the coral bed.

'Shit this is beautiful' Neteyam thought, the bed was in the same shade of blue as him. A darker more deep blue, contrasting the light teal and baby blues surrounding it.

In the corner of his eye Neteyam notices his brother and youngest sister hurrying to the surface.

He quickly followed, sensing something was wrong

"Are you alright Tuk, Lo'ak?" He asks

"Just couldn't hold our breath that long" Lo'ak replies

By now Tsireya, Ao'nung and Roxto had rose to the surface

"Is everything alright?" tsireya asks

"Your too fast, wait for us" Tuk replies

"Come we'll show to how to breathe" Ao'nung says ushering them to follow him

"Wait where is kiri?" Roxto asks

"Shit, she was right here" Neteyam says looking all around him

His mind started to wonder to how disappointed and angry his parents would be at him for loosing his sister. He is supposed to protect them.

"There she is!" Yells Loak from a couple meters away, looking down into the deep waters

Neteyam sunk his head underwater, to see Kiri knelt in the sand with tiny yellow fish swimming all around her.

He raced over to he grabbing her by the arm and pulling her to the surface.

"What?!" Kiri exclaims as her head pops above the water.

"I told you to stay close! I had no idea where you went!  You could have drowned!" Neteyam yelled while hyperventilating

He grabbed his chest in pain, hearing the thoughts in his head returning. Thoughts of disappointment and fear.

"It's alright Teyam, im safe ok" Kiri replies putting a gentle hand on her brothers shoulder, caressing it slightly

"Just please don't do that again, stay close to me" Neteyam says calmer than before.

Breathing slowly to regain his thoughts.

"Are you ok Neteyam?" Ao'nung asks swimming over to the two siblings

"Yeah I'm fine, nothing to worry about. I just got a little scared that's all" Neteyam replies

'Neteyam? He's never called me by my name' he thought

The two oldest boys share a glance, their eyes gleam in the reflection of the other.

Neteyams thoughts start to race again, he thinks about how bad the feelings he feels are. Not knowing what they mean.

He hates the thought

Neteyam shakes his head, getting rid of those thoughts.

Coming into senses with his surroundings to see Loak, Tuk, kiri, tsireya and Roxto waiting for him to follow

He follows them to a secluded rock in the middle of the reef. Where they all sit upon it to learn to breathe.

1115 words