Chapter 16: When Everything is Said and Done

Start from the beginning

"That's right," Gin said, drawing the others attention. "I decided to do you all a favor."

"Wait a minute," Zaraki said. "Are you telling me you killed him?"

"With Ben's help of course," Gin said with that smile of his. The group in the Garganta looked at Ben in wonder.

"Tennyson?" Renji asked. "Tennyson beat Aizen."

"Sure did," Gin continued. "Turned into this guy called Alien X and beat Aizen around like a rag doll.

Ben felt a knot in his stomach. He really didn't like being given credit for helping in murder.

Soon, everyone came down to the ground and having group discussions about what was going on. Now that everything was settled, Ben was properly introduced to the Gotei 13. They each treated Ben with respect and kindness. Even Suì-Fēng grudgingly thanked Ben for his part in the war. Matsumoto had tried to flirt with Ben but Gwen quickly pulled Ben away before she could anything other than introduce herself. Kevin turned back to normal but not before Kurotsuchi had seen him. The guy was looking at him like a predator to a meal. But tough guy Kevin just glared back. Many thought it was impossible for a tiny creature like Azmuth to have made Ben's Ultimatrix and it was funny to see Azmuth react so impulsively whenever someone commented on it. Byakuya, Zaraki, and Kurotsuchi were surprised by the Visoreds, but accepted that they had come to settle the score with Aizen. According to Orihime, Ulquiorra had stayed behind to protect her, thanks to Paradox's words. Whatever those words had been, Ulquiorra kept them to himself. Ben's friends had all gone back into their sealed states except for Harribel. Nobody asked why but figured it was because she didn't fully trust the Shinigami. Lilynette was chewing Ben out for keeping a powerful form like Alien X a secret. Yamamoto kept his eyes on Gin. Despite Gin being the one to kill Aizen, he still couldn't be trusted. Gin just looked back at him with that smile on his face.

Then of course there was the issue about Isshin Kurosaki being a Shinigami this entire time. Ichigo had to constantly tell everyone that he had no idea but then his dad did a crazy flying kick into Ichigo's head and that lead to the two getting into a comical fight. Gwen and Orihime tried to stop the fight while everyone else laughed at the exchange between the father and son.

Hinamori was looking at the fallen body of Aizen. She remembered that day in Soul Society when everyone thought that Aizen had been murdered. She had been so devastated that day. Even when Aizen had been labeled as a traitor, she believed that Gin had been the one to pulling the strings that Aizen was Gin's puppet. However, when she had joined in the battle against the Arrancar, she had accepted the fact that she might have to fight her former captain. Even when he had used his powers to trick the captains into attacking her, she tried to reach out to whatever decency he had left. Unfortunately, there was none. The man she knew was just an illusion, no different than the ones he could create with Kyoka Suigetsu and now that the real Aizen was dead...

"Hinamori?"

Hinamori turned around to see Hitsugaya walking towards her. The captain of the 10th division was afraid of what Hinamori would do now that Aizen was dead. Personally he figured the whole Gotei 13 thought she would attack Gin in fury but Toshiro was surprised to see her look a lot calmer than how he thought she'd look.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Smiling softly, Hinamori nodded. "Yes, Shiro-chan," she said. "I feel...I feel...like I've woken up."

Hitsugaya allowed himself a smile. He feared what would kind of toll Aizen's death would take on Hinamori's mind. But if she was telling the truth, then maybe Aizen's hold on her was finally gone.

Ben was sitting off to the side against some rubble. He looked at all the people he'd saved, though. That was one consolation. Once again, Ben Tennyson had saved the world. So why didn't he feel like celebrating?