Karakura Battle Part 3

No sooner had Ichigo burst out of the sky did he unleash his Getsuga Tensho attack. Ultimate Big Chill watched as the darkness engulfed Aizen. At first, it looked like it was all over. Ichigo had hit Aizen point blank, but that thought was dashed when a strange hexagram like barrier appeared right behind Aizen and blocked Ichigo's attack.

"Long time, no see," Aizen said as he turned to face Ichigo. "Ryoka boy."

Ichigo's eyes widened as Aizen dispelled the rest of the attack with his Kyoka Suigetsu. The next thing he did was put as much distance as he could between him and Aizen.

"Nice try," Aizen said. "But you went for the wrong spot. The back of the neck is a blind spot for every living creature. Did you really think I'd go out to battle leaving it unprotected?" The barrier disappeared.

Ultimate Big Chill growled. He was about to attack when Aizen continued talking to Ichigo.

"Let me guess what you're thinking," Aizen said. "You made a mistake. You should have attacked in Hollow form. If you'd attacked while Hollowfied, you would have been able to kill me in one blow." He lifted his blade. "Well, give it a try. I'll show you how conceited it is to think so."

"Aizen!" Ultimate Big Chill yelled at him. "Aren't you forgetting about me?" Aizen's attention, however, was drawn to Ichigo as he donned his Hollow mask.

"That's it," Aizen said to Ichigo. "Come at me."

Having enough, Ultimate Big Chill took a deep breath and fired his ice flames at the man. At the same time, Ichigo charged his sword with darkness. "Getsuga Tenshō!"

Suddenly, Aizen disappeared and then reappeared behind Ichigo. The Getsuga Tenshō and ice flames collided without harming anything but negating each other.

"What's the matter?" Aizen asked Ichigo. "You didn't reach me."

Ichigo turned so that his back was away from Aizen and began making distance between them.

"Ichigo," Ultimate Big Chill called. "What are you doing?"

Ichigo looked at Ultimate Big Chill as his mask started to vanish.

"Ben's right, Ichigo," Aizen said. "Why did you stay back? If you want to hit me, you'll have to be closer. Or, are you afraid to let any part of me out of your sight? That's just stupid."

Ichigo and Ultimate Big Chill glared at Aizen, who just continued speaking.

"It only makes sense to keep your distance when you're evenly matched. Staying away from me is meaningless. Look. Like this..." Aizen was instantly at Ichigo, his fingers on Ichigo's chest. "I can practically touch your heart."

Ichigo swung Zangetsu the same time Ultimate Big Chill tried to freeze him but Aizen used Shunpo to appear right behind Ichigo again.

"Let me ask you something you two," Aizen said to them. "Why are you fighting me? Do you hate me for some reason? You shouldn't."

"You're trying to kill innocent people!" Ultimate Big Chill yelled.

Aizen turned to look at the Necrofriggian. "But is that any reason to hate me? I can tell just by looking at you two that all your friends are safe. You are merely fighting out of obligation. Not out of hatred. You will never reach me like that. Battle without hatred is like a bird without wings. You'll never defeat anyone like that. Your powerless friends are just weights that will break your legs."

Ichigo's face became furious. He was determined to defeat Aizen.

"You're wrong!" Ultimate Big Chill shouted. "I've saved the world countless times. I've saved the entire universe!"