Chapter eight: Nel's Secret Revealed: Nnoitra and the wrath of Ben 10

Harribel froze when she could no longer feel Ben's reiatsu. Could it be that Ben...? No. She refused to believe that Ben was dead.

Did Ben meet up with the boy named Ichigo Kurosaki? No, last time she checked, they were encountering the Privaron Espada, and the girl named Orihime was still in her chambers. So what was going on?

With no other choice, Harribel went straight to Aizen. After she told him the situation, he replied:

"I am already aware. It is of no importance to you."

Harribel found herself utterly speechless at Aizen's statement. How could he say about Ben? Unless...Aizen was involved in Ben's disappearance!

"It is clear that once Ben encounters Ichigo and his friends," Aizen went on. "He will join up with them. And Ben's powers are far too unpredictable and too diverse to let Soul Society have."

Anger slowly started to build up within Harribel. How could Aizen allow that to happen to her own Fraccion? Ben only had the best interests of everyone at heart. He was nothing like the Shinigami. Aizen had no reason to harm Ben in any way.

"I know you are mad, Harribel," Aizen said, looking at her. "It is rather surprising that you of all people would have such emotions. But I know the cause of this unexpected development. For Ben has done the impossible. He has won you over. That boy deserves more credit than he is given,"

Harribel felt as if she had been stabbed through. So now the truth came out. Aizen never cared about any of them.

Aizen smiled at her. "I know you desire him, Harribel. That you would do anything for him. Possibly even betray me for him. Ben Tennyson is worthy of my respect."

Harribel felt completely betrayed. She wanted nothing more than to cut this man down where he stood. But it seemed Aizen was able to predict what she wanted to do, because suddenly she found herself brought down to her knees by Aizen's spiritual pressure. Despite her efforts, Harribel could not get up.

"Your loyalty was once to me, Harribel. Now it has moved on. I hold that boy's life in my hands. If you treasure him so much, you will continue to obey me. Defy me, and I will make sure that he suffers for your disobedience."

Harribel knew that she was in check mate. If she tried to do anything, Ben would suffer for her. And she couldn't let anything happen to Ben.

"I will serve you," Harribel said in her bass tone. But inside, all she could feel was defeat.

Aizen smiled as he got up, lowering his spiritual pressure as he did so. As Harribel got up, Aizen walked over to her and tilted her chin so that she would look at him.

"Ben is rather lucky," he said bringing his face dangerously close to hers. "You are quite beautiful, Harribel."

Harribel looked at the man she once respected above all others, but now she was felt nothing but disgust. With no other choice, she left the room. And no sooner had she left did Ulquiorra enter.

"Ben Tennyson truly amazes me," Ulquiorra said in that emotionless tone of his.

"Doesn't he?" Aizen agreed. "He has managed to turn my 3rd Espada against me."

"Nonetheless," Ulquiorra continued. "How was he able to do it? His powers? His resourcefulness?"

Aizen smiled at Ulquiorra. "No, Ulquiorra. Harribel has fallen in love with Ben."

"Love?" Ulquiorra asked. "A mere human emotion? I am disappointed in Harribel. She was the only one of my fellow Espada who I truly respected. She was not the type to allow something as worthless as love to affect her."