Chapter 16: When Everything is Said and Done

Ben shook his head in confusion. "Hold on," he said to Gin. "You mean you were some kind of double agent the whole time?"

"News to us," Kyoraku said. The other captains nodded in agreement.

Yamamoto narrowed his eyes at Gin. "Explain yourself, Gin Ichimaru!"

Gin just gave Yamamoto that grin of his. "Aw," he whined. "I don't feel like it."

Yamamoto gritted his teeth as he prepared to yell at Gin.

"Now, now," Paradox said, appearing before everyone. "No need to get so worked up, Yamamoto. Considering the fact that Gin helped get rid of Soul Society's number one enemy, I believe he's earned a bit of slack, don't you?"

Yamamoto turned his glare over to Paradox, who merely ignored it.

"You know," Kyoraku said. "He does have a point."

Yamamoto turned his glare at Kyoraku.

"Now," Paradox said as he pulled out his pocket watch. "The others from Hueco Mundo should be coming here right about..." Just then a Garganta opened up in the sky. "Now."

Everyone looked up at the Garganta as it opened. Someone was walking out of it, someone with black hair, pale skin, and a broken helmet.

"Ulquiorra?" Starrk asked.

Ulquiorra did not make any movement once he reached the entrance of the Garganta, he merely observed the scene before him. When his eyes landed on the dead Aizen lying on the ground, his eyes widened in shock.

"You did it," he breathed. "You killed him."

Gin raised a hand. "Guilty as charged," he said. Ulquiorra's eyes widened even further.

"You?"

"But you have little Ben here to thank for it," Gin said, nodding towards Ben. "He's the one who actually beat Aizen to the ground. I just finished him off."

Ulquiorra turned his wonder filled eyes at Ben. Ben was looking at the ground. He wasn't very happy about being given credit for Aizen's defeat since Gin had killed him.

"Don't feel bad, kid," Gin said to him. "I'm no better than he is, so it's no big deal if I killed him."

"But..." Ben started to say.

"Captain Ichimaru," Kira said, causing everyone to look at him. "Was that really your intentions? Were you really planning on killing Aizen from the get-go?"

Gin's face softened, looking at his former lieutenant. "Yep," he said. "That was the plan."

"I see," Ulquiorra said. "Never once did I suspect you of eventually betraying Aizen."

"Aizen?" Gin asked in amusement. "No more 'Aizen-sama'? Never expected that from you."

"Ulquiorra-kun," a familiar voice said from within the Garganta. "What's going on out there?"

Ben blinked. "Orihime?" he asked.

"Was that Tennyson I heard?" another voice called.

"Captain Zaraki?" Ichigo asked.

The Garganta opened wider to reveal the whole gang back from Hueco Mundo. There was Orihime, Uryu, Chad, Renji, Rukia, Captain Zaraki, Yachiru, Captain Byakuya, Captain Kurotsuchi, Nemu, and some tall silver-haired girl that Ben hadn't met.

"Captain Unohana," the tall girl said. "What happened?"

The others looked at Aizen. "He's...he's dead?" Rukia asked.