Chapter Seven :Everything else is a Paradox

Soul Society...

Yamamoto sat down in thought as he contemplated the recent events that had occurred. First off, Hitsugaya had told him about some kind of shape-shifting being that was able to fight off all the reinforcements that Soul Society had sent. Then, a mysterious man had suddenly appeared.

Flashback...

"As for my name, call me Professor Paradox" the man had told all the captains present.

Needless to say, this man was a baffling sight. He had clothes from the living world and spoke with some kind of accent. But everyone had difficulty sensing any reiatsu from the strange and cheerful man in front of them.

Captain Byakuya Kuchiki, captain of Squad 6, a tall and rather cold man was the first to speak. "Why are you here?" he asked in that emotionless tone of his.

"Ah, Byakuya," the man called Paradox said with a smile. "Always straight to the point as usual. I should think it's rather obvious as to why I'm here. I'm here to help end the war between Soul Society and Hueco Mundo."

The captains all looked at each other and then back at this Paradox person. They had already deduced that he wasn't from Soul Society. So how in the world could he know about Hueco Mundo and the war?

"I understand that all of this might be hard to believe," Paradox said. "But given the circumstances, it would be in our best interests to work together.

Captain Kurotsuchi scoffed. "And what could a measly person like you possibly do?"

Paradox laughed. "Same old Kurotsuchi. You're even more like yourself than when I met you later. Always seeing everything as a test subject, including yourself. Though I must say, I don't quite approve of your mistreatment of poor Nemu."

Kurotsuchi's eyes narrowed. This man apparently knew quite a lot. Too much for some random nobody to possess. He was also aware of the looks that some of the other captains were now giving him before looking back at Paradox.

A woman with a motherly appearance and long hair down the front of her body in long braid smiled at Paradox. Unlike the others, she could tell that this man had no evil intentions. While the man was strange, there was something about him that made you believe his words. "Any help to end this war would be very appreciated, Paradox-san." She said in that motherly tone of hers.

Paradox bowed in respect. "Thank you, Captain Unohana. You were always such a kind hearted soul willing to take care of others in need. Out of all the captains, you were one of my favorites."

Unohana smiled again. "That's very sweet of you to say, Paradox-san."

"Enough with this nonsense," Byakuya interrupted. He glared at Paradox. "You seem to know quite a lot about us. But if you have come to waste our time, I suggest you leave."

"Oh I'm not here to waste your time, Byakuya," Paradox replied. "But it doesn't hurt to be polite." He reached into a brown bag that he suddenly had out and pulled out a little red sphere. "Gumball?"

"No," Byakuya said flatly. The other captains were offered gumballs but they all refused. Some, like Unohana, Ukitake, and Kyoraku turned him down politely. Others, like SoiFon, Kurotsuchi, and Zaraki, were rather rude about it.

"Suit yourselves," Paradox shrugged, putting one into his mouth. "They always calm me down whenever something's on my mind. But now it's time to focus on the matter at hand. I believe that your Captain Hitsugaya has just run into a unique individual. Shape-shifting being? Different powers for each form? Has a green symbol on each of his forms' chests?"

That last question got Yamamoto's attention. Sure enough, Hitsugaya had mentioned a green symbol that always appeared on the chest of each form. But Yamamoto hadn't mentioned that information to even his fellow captains.