Chapter Five: Top Dog in Hueco Mundo

"Good morning," Aizen said. "My dear Espada."

Once again, all the Espada were gathered around at the table in Aizen's meeting room. Nnoitra was in a foul mood as he wasn't able to sit all the way back in his chair. His back was still badly burned, despite the healer Arrancar's best efforts. Each time something came in contact with his back, he would feel a tinge of pain and give a small hiss. And each time he felt pain, he would hate Ben Tennyson a little more each time.

"It seems that I must set some rules regarding our young guest, Ben Tennyson." Aizen said.

Everyone listened intently. Harribel noticed Baraggan, Nnoitra, Szayel, Aaroniero, and Yammy paying close attention to Aizen. Harribel once again felt satisfaction at the hatred that Nnoitra was obviously showing.

"Ben Tennyson has proven to be full of surprises," Aizen continued. "His powers are unlike anything I have ever seen. I believe he holds a great secret."

"Aizen-sama," Szayel spoke now. "If you would just allow me to experiment on him..."

"Doing so has the possibility of tampering with Ben's powers and also damaging Ben beyond repair. I am fairly certain that we have not yet seen the full extent of his powers."

"I understand, Aizen-sama," Szayel agreed. "The mere thought of all Ben's powers send shivers down my spine."

Nnoitra snarled. Grimmjow noticed this and grinned.

"What's the matter, Nnoitra? Angry that Ben was able to wipe the floor with you?"

"That little brat did not..."

"You are the one with burns all over your back," Harribel said suddenly. "While Ben walked away without a single wound on him."

Nnoitra growled at her. But at that moment, Aizen spoke.

"You attacked his teammates, Nnoitra," he said. "It is only natural for Ben to defend them. You should have considered the possibility of that."

"Hold on," Aaroniero said. "Do you mean....Ben defeated Nnoitra?"

"The fight was interrupted by Harribel before a victor could be decided," Aizen explained. "But Nnoitra was the only one who received any wounds from his little disagreement with Ben."

Grimmjow laughed at Nnoitra. "If you can let a squirt like Ben beat you, what are you doing being the fifth Espada?"

Nnoitra shot his glare at Grimmjow now he was about to say something to him but Baraggan spoke now.

"Do you mean to tell me that your little pet has the potential of being as strong as us?" he asked, looking like he was struggling not to shout. Aizen turned his smile at Baraggan.

"Ben has proven capable of holding his own against three Privaron Espada and has actually been able to inflict harm on two of my Espada."

"Aizen-sama!" Yammy yelled. "Just because he got some good blows in..."

"Yammy," Ulquiorra interrupted. "It is possible that we have not seen the full capability of Benjamin's powers. There is a high chance that he was holding back."

That above all things ticked Yammy off. To hear that his opponent was holding back while hurting him made him want to just smash the table to pieces.

"And the fact that Ben had a form capable of doing damage to one of the top Espada is nothing short of impressive for an ordinary human," Gin said with a cock of his head.

Szayel laughed. "I think it's very obvious that Ben is far from a mere human," he said. "But there is one thing I don't understand."

"What would that be?" Aaroniero asked.