After about 30 minutes of driving, the convoy arrives at the top of the mountain. DS and Vestal get off the Jeep and walk towards the radar station. It's not much of a buildin, considering it's only a small, single floor house made of concrete and metal and with an old style radar, which is a rotating antenna. But that's how radar stations were built in the 1940s. Not as high tech as today, but back then, it was the most advanced technology the Allies had.

-'This is one of our radar stations', says Vestal to DS as the two walk towards the small structure. 'It can track enemy aircraft from a range of around 100 miles. It is unmanned, but it does have a few first aid boxes for our personnel that comes to inspect and repair any damaged parts'.

-'I see', replies DS in a doubtful voice tone. 'A much smaller range than my radar can cover'.

-'Why? How far can your radar track an aircraft?', asks Vestal, confused by DS' statement.

-'Around 600 kilometers. In other words, around 323 nautical miles or 372 regular miles', replies DS.

-'What? That far?', asks Vestal in complete shock. She has never heard of a radar that powerful before. Usually the longest range of a radar on a warship or at land does not exceed 120 miles. But for DS to be equipped with such an advanced radar system, that sounds not only absurd, but very ahead of time. Sure it's not impossible to have such a system, but the technology that the Azur Lane faction uses is years behind. It will require them at least another 30 to 40 years to be able to build a radar like the one DS uses. Then again, DS is a male ship, so anything is possible with him. If she's to believe the statements of the Bulin sisters, then DS is by far the most powerful ship ever, even if he's just a transport ship.

-'Yup, that far', replies DS. 'Not only that, my radar can track aircraft and ships, as well as submarines and land vehicles. In other words, it's a combination of a radar and a sonar at the same time'.

This shocks Vestal even more. A radar that functions as a sonar as well? That has never existed before, but given how powerful DS is from what she has seen so far, it's not impossible with him. If Azur Lane could have a radar like that, then they could have sunk the Siren fleet and end the war with the Crimson Axis much sooner. But it looks like it will be years until then, and by that time the war will be probably over. So far, they have to use whatever they have at their disposal.

They walk inside the small structure and Vestal leads him to a tiny room. Inside there is a table, a chair, a radio, an old screen, and two first aid kits hanging from the walls. Not much of a radar station, but still effective in its own proper way. So that's whatt such stations used to look like in the Second World War. Not as surprising as it should be. Comparing it to what DS himself uses, this is way too big. Even his radar system is way too tiny. It's pretty impressive what advanced technology from the 21st century can do and how far it has outclassed its WW2 counterpart.

-'As you can see, we have two first aid kits hanging from the walls near the chair', says Vestal, pointing at the two first aid kits.

-'Just those two?', asks DS.

-'Yeah, just those two', replies Vestal. 'It's not like there's more than one or two individuals here. Usually, as I mentioned, the station is unmanned, but one of us can act as backup operators'.

-'I see', says DS. 'What do they contain? I aks because I want to make sure they are made to comply with the medical standards'.

-'It contains bandages, ammonia, morphine, iodine, scissors, chloroform, basically the main medicine we would use in emergencies', explains Vestal.

-'Similar to what I use in first aid then', says DS. 'Though I must say, they lack a lot of the medicine my first aid kit has'.

-'Is that so?', asks Vestal, clearly unimpressed by DS' statement.