Chapter Ten: Sick

Throughout the night, Drew couldn't sleep no matter how hard he tried.

At the back of his mind, he felt that he was missing something important, and the feeling gnawed at his gut until he felt nauseous and sweaty. When the castle bells rang, signaling the start of the day, Drew let out an exasperated groan. Dark circles were underneath his eyes, and his brown hair stuck up in different directions due to his endless tussling during the night.

Drew groggily sat up when he heard a knock on his door. Vision blurred and mouth dry, the omega begrudgingly dragged himself out of bed. His thin blanket tumbled to the floor, but he barely registered it. Drew opened the door slightly and met the face of Connor, whose eyes widened at the sight of his friend's poor condition.

"Goddess! Drew, what happened?!" he shouted, hands holding Drew's shoulders like he was scared the werewolf would crumble at any second.

Drew winced at the loud noise. "Please tone it down," he said, voice hoarse and raspy. "I don't know... I tried going to sleep but honestly, I think I just got worse."

"Okay, you go and rest. I'll go tell Dakota so we can get a doctor to check up on you," Connor said.

Drew opened his mouth to protest, but he was quickly shut up when his friend pushed him towards his bed. Connor forced him to lay down and picked up the discarded blanket to tuck him in.

"Don't you even think about working while you're like this. If I catch you carrying a single box or cleaning anything, I will punt you so hard, you'll meet the Moon Goddess yourself," Connor threatened.

Drew huffed and rolled his eyes as the werewolf dashed out of the room to fetch Dakota.

Knowing that his friend would keep to his threat, Drew decided to try to sleep once again.

***

"Fuck," someone mumbled.

"Your highness, you should not be here, it is dangerous for an alpha like you to be so close to an omega entering heat."

The words made Drew's eyes snap open. His head tilted, and the view of Orion and another werewolf caught his eye.

The prince had a hand covering the bottom half of his face, eyebrows scrunched and eyes narrowed at the other werewolf. The stranger, who wore a full face mask, let out a sigh as Orion shook his head.

"I am not leaving him alone to suffer, doctor," the prince stated as loud and clear as an alarm.

"Your highness, he's simply a lowly common omega, you should not worry so much-"

"Silence."

Drew shivered at the command. He had known that alphas could use a voice that could make crowds kneel, but he had never heard it before. The omega was glad he was laying down because he was certain the command would have made his knees buckle.

"I will take care of him. You instructed three doses a day?" Orion asked.

The doctor nodded.

"Then you may leave," the prince added, although his words were not a suggestion.

The doctor looked to the ground and quickly shuffled out of the room, leaving a few vials of a strange liquid on the small bedside table. The door shut quietly, and the prince's gaze turned to Drew.

"You are awake," Orion said. His eyes softened and he removed the hand on his face. "How are you feeling?"

"Dizzy," Drew replied, eyes barely open. "Why are you here?"

"Your friend alerted me about your situation, so I came to take care of you."

The omega's eyes widened slightly.

"But... you're the crown prince. Aren't you supposed to be doing more important things?" Drew asked. His voice was small and meek; just as vulnerable as his body currently was.

Orion took a step towards him with a small smile that was barely noticeable.

"You are important, Drew," he said. "Do not worry about me, it is you who is sick at the moment."

"...are you sure?"

"As sure as the fact that the moon orbits the earth. Rest now, love," Orion said. His smile grew at the sight of Drew blushing.

"...Thank you."

Drew was already half asleep when Orion responded. The last thing he saw was the prince looming over him with a caring smile, and in the back of his mind, Drew wished he could yell to the world that this wonderful werewolf prince was his soulmate.

***

A/N
Short chapter tonight, sorry! I apologize for the inconsistent updates; I'm currently trying to balance school with work and hobbies (especially now that I'm entering a new semester), so it might be a while before I post again!
Happy Holidays everyone!

A/NShort chapter tonight, sorry! I apologize for the inconsistent updates; I'm currently trying to balance school with work and hobbies (especially now that I'm entering a new semester), so it might be a while before I post again!Happy Holidays ev...