Chapter Three: The Prince Is My What?

Drew couldn't sleep.

He carefully slipped out of bed, careful not to wake up his sister and mother. Mason hadn't gone out of Dad's room the rest of the day.

The omega silently tiptoed through the cottage. When he made it outside, he slowly closed the front door. Drew looked around and stripped off his clothes when he didn't see anyone. Recently, his wolf had been more silent than usual, and it worried him. He decided to go on a quick run to bond with his wolf, Erin.

Drew's bones crunched as he shifted into a white wolf with piercing green eyes. He set his clothes on the windowsill and started to job towards the forest. The omega's jog morphed into a run when he saw the tall looming trees.

'Erin? Are you there?'

"Unfortunately."

Drew snorted as the orange and brown leaves crunched underneath his paws.

"Are you okay? You haven't been speaking recently," he asked.

Erin didn't respond at first, making Drew sweat anxiously.

'Erin?'

"Mhm?"

'Did you hear what I said?' questioned Drew.

"Yeah. I'm just tired," Erin responded.

'Erin, you can be honest with me, you know,' he said. 'I won't tell anyone.'

"...We still haven't found our mate."

Oh.

Erin kept talking. "It's been six years since we turned eighteen and we still haven't found them."

'Well, we won't find our mate immediately,' Drew replied.

"What if we don't have a mate at all?"

Drew frowned.

'Don't say that. Everyone has a soulmate. Even us.'

"Even so, what if our mate rejects us?"

Drew gulped. He knew it was a possibility, but it was rare.

'Even if we get rejected, we'll still have each other,' he smiled. 'Don't live life for others, Erin. Live life for us.'

Erin sighed. "You're right. I guess I'm just worried. Especially since we're leaving tomorrow."

'I get it. We've never lived on our own before,' Drew said.

"Do you think they treat omegas fairly?"

'Well, they hired us, so I hope so.'

Drew stopped when he realized the sun was beginning to rise. He sighed and turned around. The rest of the way home his heart pounded, anxious for the day to begin.

***

"I don't want you to go!"

Mason sobbed as he clung onto his brother's leg. Dad leaned on Ariana—they both wanted to see Drew when he left.

"Mason, you know he has to," Mom said, although she was crying as much as her youngest son.

"B-But, but who will give me piggyback rides?" he cried, tightening his grip on Drew's leg.

The omega crouched down to Mason's height and smiled at him. He patted his head while his brother rubbed his wet eyes.

"Ariana will," Drew responded. He lowered his voice so only his family could hear. "I promise to write to you every day. I'll even try to sneak out every now and then to visit you guys."

Mason slowly calmed down, his breath hitching. "You pinky promise?" he asked, holding out his pinky.

Drew chuckled and wrapped his own pinky around his brother's. "I promise."

"O-Okay, you can go." Mason finally let go of his brother's leg. "But you better keep your promise!"

"I will, don't worry," Drew smiled before standing up. He threw his bag over his shoulder and walked towards the carriage sent to pick him up. He waved to his family as the carriage began to move, ignoring the ache in his arm until they left his line of vision. The omega sighed in exhaustion and slumped into his chair. His lack of sleep was getting to him.

Trees bare without their leaves was all Drew could see for the first ten minutes. The same orange and yellow leaves that were once underneath his paws were now being crunched by the sleek carriage. The omega couldn't help but be in awe of his ride's condition. Although, the person who was sent for him didn't seem as amazed. It was bland compared to the luxury in the royal palace. Drew knew that the carriage was boring and bland for the royal family, but it was so much more pleasant than anything the omega had experienced.

The forest soon faded and they slowed to a stop in front of the big gates protecting the main capital of the kingdom. Drew's jaw dropped at the height of the thick stone wall. It's shadow covered them, sending chills up their spines as the gates stared at them. The omega gulped as the gate slowly opened, allowing them and the carriages in front of them to proceed.

The first thing Drew noticed about the capital was the noise. It was so loud, almost unbearingly so, and it made Erin whine and Drew shrink into his seat.

The next twenty minutes felt like two minutes to the omega. His nerves caused him to sweat. What if they didn't like him?

Drew was internally panicking when they stopped at the palace. He carefully hopped out, carrying his single bag of possessions and followed the other servants inside. While they were walking, he felt a tap on his shoulder. The omega turned around and was met with a smiling boy. Drew smiled back when he realized that the boy was also an omega.

"Hey!" The boy exclaimed. "You're an omega too! Thank goddess, I was so worried I'd be the only one."

"Me too," Drew chuckled. "I'm Andrew."

"Connor," the boy replied.

The two omegas followed the crowd of newly hired servants. They walked through the halls before entering a large room with three big thrones. A large glass chandelier loomed above them, its candles lighting up the room. It looked like something out of a fairytale, and it left Drew stunned.

Suddenly, the omega smelled the intriguing aroma of coffee and soap. His eyes widened and he looked at the three large thrones. Instead of the golden and perfectly decorated seats, Drew's eyes landed on one of the people who sat on them. A gasp left his lips when butterflies soared in his stomach.

The crown prince was as handsome as Drew's neighbors described. Prince Orion had soft black hair and piercing black eyes that swallowed him up. He was slumped in his chair, clearly bored. Even while he was sitting down, Drew knew that he was tall and muscular.

The realization of why the omega was drawn to the prince made his face pale.

"Mate!" Erin exclaimed.

***

A/N

Sorry the updates are so short! I've been pretty busy recently. Although, I do have an update about my posting schedule. I have decided to post every Wednesday and Saturday for this project. Yay :)

Also, I'm so sorry if my writing seems a bit bland at the moment. I plan on editing it later when I have more material I can work off of.

 I plan on editing it later when I have more material I can work off of