"What floor?" I glance at her before checking my phone.

"Five." I say and she groans.

"Can't we take the lift?"

"Broken." I laugh and she groans even more before we become quiet again and silently walk up the stairs.

"What number?" Jane asks when we finally reach the top. I point down the hall.

"38." I tell her and we walk cautiously to the door. I grab my keys and look at her while unlocking the door. "Ready?" she nods.

"Ready." I push the door open and flick on the lights.

"Home sweet home." I watch as Jane's eyes scan the environment, her mouth slightly open. She looks at all the plants and books that I have, which almost completely cover the lounge and small kitchen. She walks in further and tilts her head forward to look around the corner, and she gasps.

"Electric guitar?" I nod and her mouth falls open wider. "Didn't think you were that type of person." she mutters and I furrow my brows, taking a couple of steps towards her.

"What do you mean?" I whisper and she just laughs.

"You just look like more of a drummer. Big hands." One of my eyebrows shoots up, but I breathe out slowly anyway and run my fingers across the strings of the guitar, shaking my head to myself.

"I don't really play anymore. I haven't had the time." I say quietly. I feel Jane move behind me, so I turn around to see what he's up to. She's walking down the hall to where my bedroom is, and I follow her quickly in a panic, throwing myself between her and the door, which causes her to smirk.

"What's in there?" I shake my head.

"Nothing."

"Then let me in-" she reaches for the door handle but I grab her wrist and she stills. "Oh come on, why can't I go in?"

"Because it's embarrassing." I mumble, and she rolls her eyes, shoving me away and opening the door, storming inside

"Jane-"

"How is this embarrassing?" she says, sounding absolutely awestruck. She looks at all of the vinyls, books and guitars on my walls, seemingly captured by it. She walks into my wardrobe and rifles around in there for a moment before coming out and looking up at the ceiling with ivy hanging down before looking at my bed, which is on the floor on a couple of wooden pallets. Jane looks around once more before looking at me.

"I love it." she says and points to the stack of vinyls in a box. "Can I look?" she asks, and I hesitate before nodding my head. She instantly falls to her knees and looks through my collection, smiling and frowning as she looks at them all. As she does this, I walk slowly towards my bed, taking off my jumper.

"I'm just going to get dressed into more comfortable clothes." I say to her and she nods. "I might too. Where're your keys?" I look at her in confusion.

"Why?"

"So I can grab my bag from your car?" she states obviously while staring at me, holding her hand out for my keys. I shake my head and open my wardrobe, grabbing a pair of grey jogging bottoms and a Led Zeppelin shirt.

"Just wear this." she hesitates for a moment before grabbing the clothing, and there's a brief moment where we make eye contact and my breath hitches in my throat.

"You change here, I'll go to the bathroom." I clear my throat before Jane can say anything and exit the room. I enter my bathroom a second later and close the door, stripping down to my underwear and putting on some comfortable clothes. I then exit the room and knock on my bedroom door, only entering when I hear a voice telling me to come in. I open the door slowly to reveal Jane standing awkwardly by my bed in my clothes. She glances at me momentarily, before quickly looking away and scratching her temple.