The books were all of the birthday and holiday presents that I got for her but was too scared to give them to her.

"So when did you find it?" I laugh, wondering if she is going to cut me off again. "Two weeks ago."

She smiled up at me in a way that made my heart skip a beat. The moonlight shined through the small window, hitting her face in the best way possible.

"Weird question." Ella nodded, waiting for me to speak. "Do you like me?" My heart was pounding in my chest. Ella's eyes widened at the question.

"W-what?" I knew she heard me, but she wanted to make sure she heard me correctly. I was hoping that I wasn't overanalyzing our friendship.

What if she didn't feel the same way?

"Do you like me?" She just stared at me, like she didn't know what to do. "Please answer me." I plead. I need to know.

Even if it was going to only hurt me. I needed to know.

"Y-yes but–" That was all it took. My lips were already on hers. My hands were cupping her face. It was just a kiss.

Just one kiss could ruin my friendship with her and Noah.

I pull back, my heart crashing against my chest. Ella's cheeks were a bright pink. I just kissed her.

Noah is going to kill me.

She might kill me.

Did she hate it?

"I'm sorry. I should have asked." I rushed out in a panic. Oh my god, was it that bad?

"You like me?" She asked softly but it sound more like a realization. "Yes." I whisper. "I thought I made it pretty obvious." I scratched the back of my neck with a nervous laugh.

A bright smile formed on her face. A smile that has my stomach doing flips. Her bright green eyes search mine as she says. "You need to be a bit more obvious."

A smirk forms on my face when I lean down. "Oh yeah?" My eyes dropped to her lips before looking back up. She gave me a small nod.

Cupping her jaw and tilting her head slightly, my lips met hers again. I could feel how fast her heart was beating. Pulling back, I say. "Was that obvious enough?" With her eyes still shut, she gives me a nod. I brush her hair behind her ear.

"We should go." I told her. Even though all I wanted to do was kiss her again. But if her parents or Noah noticed that we were gone, we would get into a lot of trouble.

I don't really care if I get into trouble, but I know Ella would care. "Promise you'll take me here again?" She stuck out her pinky.

My eyes fell on her hand. "Pinky promise." she said with a laugh. I let out a sigh and wrapped my pinky with hers. "I promise." She gave me a smile before letting go of my hand.

I watch as she slowly goes down the ladder. My eyes widened when her foot slipped off the ladder, causing her to fall. "Ella." I called out when I didn't get an answer.

I climbed down the ladder halfway before jumping off. I leaned down next to her. "Ella?" I say as I push her hair out of her face.

My heart races when I notice blood dripping from her head. "Ella, get up. When she didn't" I lifted her small frame into my arms.

Flashback ended

"You hit your head." I told her. Her eyes dropped to my lips as she said, "I don't remember." I glanced up at her. It hurt. It hurt that she didn't remember.

I push off of the desk and close the distance between us. My eyes drift between hers before my eyes drop to her full, pink lips.

I cup her jaw with my hands and tilt her head back slightly. "Then let me remind you." My lips met hers, and warmth filled my body.

Ella's hand wrapped around the back of my neck, pulling me more into her. I didn't know I craved her touch until now.

Pulling her into my chest as if I was hoping she would somehow mold into me.

My tongue brushed her bottom lip, asking for entry. Ella deepened the kiss. This was nothing like our first kiss. This was hungry and needy. "We shouldn't–" Her breath fans my lips.

My heart was roaring in my ears. Ella's eyes searched mine before dropping back to my lips. "I know." I breathed.

But I could stop myself. My mouth was on hers again. It was like I could breathe for the first time in a long time.

I moved forward slowly, causing her to back up. A small moan leaves her mouth when her back hits the wall.

I pull back for a second before my mouth is on her, kissing down her jaw and her neck. When my lips hit the spot on her collarbone, she let out a rushed breath.

God, I should stop, but I can't. I suck on the spot on her collarbone, causing her hand to tighten in my hair, which makes a small groan push past my lips.

I pull back to see the small red circles on her collarbone. I smirk at the sight of them. I glance up. Ella's lips were swollen from the kiss.

"Our first kiss was like that?" Her voice was soft, and her cheeks were a deep red. I let out a soft laugh as I shook my head. "Not even close to that."

My eyes drop to her lips again, but I fight the urge to kiss her again. I move anyways from her when I feel my phone buzz, I pull it out of my back pocket to see a bunch of texts from Noah.

Noah: You're almost here yet?

Noah: I'm going to kick your ass.

Noah: Man, if you didn't want to come, you should have just said that.

Noah: Forget coming. I already left.

"Shit." I say it under my breath. I glance up at Ella, and my stomach sinks a little. I kissed my best friend's sister again.

"What?" She asked with a soft smile. I look down at my phone, then back at her. "Nothing."

Hope this made sense 😭

Anyways how are you guys?

Did you like Rivers point of view?