ᏞᏆᎪᎡ ᎡϴՏՏᏆ

(I honestly don't know why I made Rossi so pretty, but here we are TvT)

Nathaniel's POV

We ended up skipping the rest of our classes. Fortunately, Mari didn't react negatively to eating a lot of food and we spent the rest of the school hours chatting and laughing about anything and everything. I was happy seeing her smile again, but it pained me to see her low self-esteem.

The final bell rang and we made our way out of the room, giggling like drunk schoolgirls.

"There she is!" I turned to see our wretched classmates, who had murderous expressions distorting their faces. Rossi stood in their midst, head in her hands, bawling her eyes out. Reddish pink bruises lined her arms and exposed belly. They looked fresh. Too fresh.

"How dare you lay a hand on Lila, you murderer?!!" Alya yelled, grabbing Mari by her collar You've ruined her perfectly tan skin!"

Mari flinched back and said nothing, her head lowered. I growled and snatched her back, hiding her protectively behind me. "What is wrong with you people?!"

"Who are you?" She asked, her eyes narrowed at me

I felt my eye twitch "Nathaniel Kurtzburg. Your classmate." She frowned and blinked thoughtfully

"Oh! You're Marc's boyfriend!" I growled, glaring at her "And if I remember correctly, you once had a crush on Marinette!" She eyed me "No wonder you're protecting her after all she did to Lila! Don't tell me you still have lingering feelings for her, despite the fact that you're with Marc!"

"Oh for fuck's sake, shut your trap" I slapped my hand across her mouth, effectively shutting her up "Marc and I aren't a couple. That damn slut (I'm sorry Marc, I don't hate you but for the story I have to make you bad! I'm sorry TvT) is a horrible person, and I honestly don't know why I ever liked him in the first place" I let go of her face in disgust, wiping my hands on a napkin one of my men handed me "Now. What did Marinette do to the bit- I mean Lila?"

She glared at me before pointing an accusatory finger at Mari "The little slut has been hurting Lila for way too long! But now she's gone too far!"

"What did she do?"

"She cornered Lila during free period and beat her up!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..what? Why are you staring at me like that?" I lost it. Completely. I just started laughing uncontrollably.

"Listen Cesaire." I managed to say "Mari's been with me since lunch, so unless she has a twin sister hiding somewhere, there's no way she would've beaten Lila up" she glared at me vehemently and poked my chest with a sharp fingernail.

"And where were you?" She inquired

"In the art room, eating " I showed her the duffel bag that held our used plates "So could you please move, I need to drop her off" I shoved her aside and pulled Mari after me. I would have my revenge, surely. But not now. Slowly but surely I'll reveal Lila for what she is. One lie at a time.

I honestly can't wait for that day.