Chapter Nineteen

Unbeknownst to me, Malfoy was in fact not simply out for Harry's blood. At least not this time, instead he was at the wand shop trying to gain information about the new creation.

"Impressive isn't it?" Ollivander gawked. "I tried to make something similar before but anytime I tried, it never worked. I figured too many ingredients made it impossible to hold magic, as they all fought for it. But watch this" Ollivander opened the glass container and pulled out the wand carefully, Malfoy watched as he flicked the wand but nothing happened. Ollivander looked around the room as if he expected something to happen.

"Nothing" amazement clouded his eyes, he then brought the wand back into the case.

"So it's useless" Malfoy scoffed then he too picked up the wand. With a flick of his wrist, the glass container shattered into a million pieces. This made both Malfoy and Ollivander step back in shock.

"How strange, it seems as if the wand was made for you. I've tested the wand out multiple times but couldn't even move a simple piece of paper yet you're shattering glass" Malfoy examined the wand in his hand, it looked like a normal wand, black in color although with a few details towards the end of it. At the bottom of the wand was a shape of a snake wrapping its body around along with an circular emerald color stone as a base. He began to wonder to himself what this meant, why him?

"Please take it with you when you leave, there isn't much I can do with it at this point. Maybe you will find out the more you use it"

"What about my wand?" Malfoy asked.

"If you want, you can return it. No need for two wands" Malfoy nodded and pulled his wand out of his robe, hand it to Ollivander.

Malfoy hid the wand deep in the sleeve of his robe when he walked out of the wand shop. As he walked the direction back to Hogwarts, he saw Pansy and Macarius through the window of Honeydukes. They sat in a booth while eating lunch, despite his better judgment he decided to enter the building.

"Hey Malfoy!" Macarius waved at Malfoy's, Pansy turned around in her seat to take a look for herself.

"Hey" Malfoy walked towards the students, Pansy scooted over to make room for Malfoy who accepted her offer.

"What are you going here?" Macarius asked.

"Came to check out the new broomsticks" Malfoy shrugged, although it was a lie he couldn't risk selling out Milly.

"Yeah, the Nimbus 2000 looks pretty cool. Hoping I get it for my birthday" Macarius winked.

"Isn't your birthday coming up?" Pansy finally spoke up.

"Yeah, in a few days actually"

"We should throw a party!" Pansy clapped her hands together.

"Sure, you wanna come?" Malfoy scoffed at his stupid offer, he had better things to worry about than a stupid party that would end with him getting absolutely wasted.

"I have plans"

"That's too bad, I'm sure Milly would be there" Macarius took a sip of his drink. What was he trying to get at?

"I hope not" Pansy muttered to herself, although Malfoy heard.

"You guys clearly don't know her as much as you guys think" Malfoy stated, rolling his eyes.

"Milly? Since when were you guys friends?" Pansy asked, turning her attention towards him. Malfoy tensed, did he really see her as just a friend?

"I wouldn't call us friends" Malfoy crossed his arms.

"Then what would you call each other?" Macarius raised an eyebrow.

"Wouldn't you like to know, let me guess, you just want her to be free so you can chase her again" Malfoy glared at him. The tension grew between the boys as Pansy awkwardly turned to Malfoy.

"You know, I don't think Macarius wants to be with someone who keeps things from them" Pansy's expression turned sour now.

"She was trying to protect you, but you're being such a bitch you can't even see it. Have you ever once asked about her life or were you only using her as your private therapist? Maybe if you would just listen to her for once you would find out what she has going on in her private life" Malfoy couldn't explain why he was standing up for the small Hufflepuff. But hearing the way Pansy spoke about Milly, pinning everything on her, it didn't sit well with Malfoy.

"Listen, I don't know what you got going on in your life, but be the bigger person, acknowledge your mistakes and grow the fuck up" Malfoy then got out of his seat to leave. He clinched his fist tightly, his knuckles turning white. Why was I getting so riled up? Countless thoughts swarmed his head.

"Did that seem weird at all to you?" Macarius asked Pansy, she nodded.

"I don't know, I mean Milly would have told me if they were friends...right?" Pansy tried to reassure herself.

"Milly didn't even tell you about us during and after we dated, you really think she would tell you about her and Malfoy if something was happening?" Macarius rose his eyebrow.

"I hope"