"Ali, I don't hate you. You did scare me and you scared Clara pretty bad too. You did make me a little upset- '' Ali sucked in a breath "That you felt like you had to hide this from me and could not tell me what you were feeling. But I'm not going anywhere okay?"

"What do you mean? Everyone leaves eventually." A defeated Alvyia says quietly into Emily's shirt, the brunette wrapped her hand around the teen so she could softly stroke her hair,

"Do you know the paperwork I have been working on?" She whispered into Alyvia's hair,

"Yeah?" The teen mumbled,

"Well I've been working on paperwork, and talking to Jeremy-" 

"You've been talking to Jeremy?" Alyvia sits up in the bed turning with a bit of struggle to meet the brunette woman's brown eyes,

"Yes, and I have a question to ask you, Would you want to come back to DC with me?"

"Like DC, DC? In America?" Alvyia asked with surprise written on her face

"Yes, in America. You would come live with me."

"You want me? No one wants a teen, especially a teen with," she looks at her bandaged arms and legs "issues." She finishes her sentence still trying to comprehend what Emily had just asked,

"Alyvia, you are so much more than just the things you struggle with and I want to get to know more of you. So what do you think?" Emily looked into the teen's blue eyes trying to see if she was heading down the right path or if she was going to fast. 

"I mean- I mean I'd love to!" Alvyia closes the gap between the two of them wrapping her arms around Emily and holding onto her as tightly as she can. Emily returns the hug smiling as she cradles the girl in her arms. She can feel the teen's body relax ever so slightly, melting into her embrace.

"Wait, Emily?" Alyvia questions sitting back again, her hands still holding onto Emily's,

"Yes, honey?"

"How did you pull this off, I mean I was supposed to stay till I graduated or at least that's what I was told, and there is so much red tape-" Emily gives her a look of "How did you know?",

"When my grandma died I overheard Jeramy talking about all the red tape, and headaches this case- the case being me, would give him." 

Emily had no intention of sugarcoating the situation. Ali needed to know the truth about what could have happened and spoke honestly "Well, you were going to be transferred to the foster care system in DC, but I stepped up and you're right there was a lot of red tape. I called someone I knew in the Embassy and they helped me get around it."

For the first time since all this started Alvyia looked at Emily's face and looked at it. Something about her sharp cheekbones and striking eyes felt familiar but she could not place it.

"I just realized I never asked your last name." Alvyia queries.

"It's Prentiss, Emily Prentiss." The brunette said gently, suddenly it all made sense why she had felt so close to the older woman, why she felt so familiar Ali focused on her hands before she spoke again. 

"I know you-" slipped out before she could formulate something more cohesive she immediately realised how silly it sounded she rushed to continue her thought "I mean I know you- little you like older you and then you. Not in a strange way- I promise- I mean my Grandma had all these pictures on a bulletin board in her office. There were pictures of me and her at ceremonies but there was only one other kid up there, I always asked her who it was but she never wanted she was always busy. One day, I kind of snuck into her office and read the back of one of the pictures it read "Greetings from Rome, thinking of you the Prentiss's." That's why you felt so familiar to me, you've always been there."

The teen stuttered through the thought, Emily didn't know her mother ever sent pictures let alone used words like thinking of you to anyone. "Well, I guess I was meant to find you then." Emily smiled looking down at the teen, she couldn't deny it the connection had been there since the moment they met. Though she could not place her Mother ever mentioning Alvyia but the teen felt familiar to her. Her striking blue eyes and cheekbones that almost mirror her own, Alvyia's stubbornness and strong spirit. A strange feeling washed over the woman, one of peace mixed with deja vu, a part of her wondered if all the times she came close to adopting or fostering a child fell through because she was supposed to find Alyvia. Whether or not that was the case she was intrigued and thankful regardless. 

A/N

Hello! This one was another filler the next one is a longgg one, also apologies if this one is also a little iffy but- I promise the next one will be better. (& we will get to explore some mixed media soon!) I hope your week went okay, mine was busy the IB is harder then I thought but oh well. Little reminder to take care of yourself, drink a little water, eat a little something small, take a break if you need, you come first. 

& with that I'll see you next Friday!