His Angels and Demons

Start from the beginning

MC: Mutasim Lycan

MC: Mutasim Lycan

3rd P.O.V

It was a dark time for humanity. With one of the Walls shielding humanity from the Titans, overpopulation, famine and poverty had increased drastically. And with the revelation that the Walls could be destroyed by the "Colossal" Titan, most of humanity's faith had wavered along with their military power. 

Despite this, there were still many young souls who wished to dedicate their lives to becoming soldiers. Even if they didn't dare venture beyond the walls, they would still be defending humanity should the need ever arise. 

Outside of the walls, a large camp was created for the sole purpose of forging new soldiers from recruits. This was the training camp for the 104th Cadets Corp. For some time now, they had learnt the basics of the Titans and how to use their new ODM gear. At the end of their training, for graduation, they would all decide what regiment they would enter. The hardest regiment to enter was the Military Police, who would live in the furthest parts of the interior. The Garrison were basically seen as the local police and then there were the Scouts. They had the worst reputation as they were forced to venture beyond the walls and had to try and reclaim lost land.  Over the past few years, the Scouts had no such luck. 

Currently, all the cadets could be seen training in hand-to-hand combat. While it had no benefit to fighting the Titans, it was a vital part of getting into the top 10. In a way, all the strong people could choose to hide away in the interior as opposed to using their skillset on the field. 

However, training was hell for many of the cadets. Especially in the first days as quite a few had left to work in the fields, deciding that the soldier life wasn't for them. There was no shame in self-preservation. 

For one cadet in particular, training was worse. He stood out due to his raven black and ash white hair that hung over the right side of his face, concealing his right eye. While it would've been beneficial to all cadets to cut their hair or tie it to a short length, this particular cadet refused. No one knew why, making him a slight mystery. 

The current exercise was a simple fist fight, one on one. Everyone was partnered up and could change their partners if they wanted. Most training exercises lasted for an hour or two which would then be followed by a 10 minute break before moving onto the next. The only times the cadets could eat were at breakfast and dinner. There were no lunch breaks since the food couldn't be spared for a third meal.