Nine

I smiled at him.

"we need to talk" he said.

"About?" I asked.

"Us"

"W-what?" I asked confused. "Us?"

Okay I swear I don't know anything about this. I didn't even know there was an 'us'.

"I really like you Heather" he said. "I mean, I've always liked you but Jai got to you first"

I had no words whatsoever. I mean, this is so shocking to me.

Beau, out of all the guys... Beau.

For a second I would've thought it was Daniel since there was rumors about him liking me but I never paid attention to them. But Beau. What the hell. Not weird at all.

"Beau, I-" I was obviously caught off by him.

"I know you don't see me that way, but I wanted you to know and to please give me a chance." he looked at me with hope in his eyes.

I mean, what he's like ten years older than me. Not really but still he's like 24 and I'm 21.

Well, actually now that I look at it, not so weird anymore. It looked weird when he was like 18 and I was 16.

His birthday just past so it's he's twenty four.

Okay, stop thinking about this goddamn.

"Beau.." I honestly didn't know how to answer to this.

He started laughing out of all the sudden. I looked at him confused.

"I'm just joking" he said messing my hair up. I slapped his hand away and let out a big sigh.

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"You should've seen your face, it was priceless" he laughed.

"Shut up!" I slapped him in the arm.

"Sorry it was funny" he continued laughing.

I just watched him with a straight face. "I'm not amused by that"

"Whatever" he tried to keep a serious face but he failed.

The elevator came to a halt.

We got off and continued talking like nothing had happened. Thankfully I kept my mouth shut or else he wouldn't even be talking to me right now.

We walked across the street.

"Woah! We are here at least once every week and we never seen you here. I thought you leaved somewhere else" he looked at the building.

"I mean, I lived down the street but moved like four months ago because the other apartment had three bedrooms and I wasn't going to sleep in an apartment with three rooms. I'm pretty sure ire I only need one room so.." I said.

We walked into the building and walked past the lobby. I smiled at the lobbyists. (I don't know if that's a word, or if I even used it right)

"This place seems expensive" he said out loud and then realizing that he had spoken out loud because he got red and looked at me.

I smiled and clicked on the up button. Thankfully the elevator was already here so it opened quickly. I clicked on my floor. The elevator music had a nice beat to it so I started to tap my feet and looked at Beau through the mirror walls.

He made a silly face which make me giggle. The elevator came to a stop so I walked out with Beau on my tracks.

He was like a lost puppy following me. I was messing with him and started walking in circles around the hall and he started whining.