A Good Heart

The blurry figure gradually became more clear as (Y/N)'s eyes focused, what was initially just a dark blob of light took the form of small raven, looking almost magical in its stature. He was a kind of radiant you would only hear about in stories. His feathers looked pristine and perfect, a deep hint of purple laid in the darkness of the color. (Y/N) had always admired ravens, so in a way it was reassuring that they had something familiar to enjoy in such an unfamiliar situation. The raven blinked, clearly surprised at (Y/N)'s initial reaction. The bird cleared his throat "I am Aasraa, the kwami of transformation. I want sent here by my master. You, my dear, have been chosen to help defend the city of Paris from evil."

(Y/N) shook their head, pinching themself to assure that they weren't just dreaming. Maybe they were on a heavier dose of medication than they thought? They reached out to gently stroke the raven's head, looking to see if they could physically feel the bird in front of them. Aasraa leaned into the touch, a knowing smile on his face "I am very much real, (Y/N), if that's what you're wondering."

(Y/N) blinked, any and all thoughts quickly vanished into nothing as they tired to wrap their mind around it. This was the kind of stuff you would read a book or see a movie about, this wasn't the kind of one-in-a-million thing to just happen in real life. "Who the fuck in their right mind would give a kwami to a kid who got themselves put in the hospital? Why me?"

Aasraa perched on the table next to (Y/N), looking solemn "Ladybug and Chat Noir can't do this by themselves anymore," and he continued before (Y/N) could bring up the obvious response of the other heroes, "Master says the others have yet to prove themselves as a permanent hero. But you were willing to die for the class you'd known for a week. You have a good heart, (Y/N), and things are getting dangerous," he said, a glint appearing in his eyes " and you have the same fire as the cat and the bug, my master saw it that day. You'll fit right in, he is certain." 

(Y/N) listened intently. In any other situation, they'd be furious. Getting taken advantage of because they risked their life one time. (Y/N) didn't know what Aasraa's master was thinking. What if they'd just felt extra suicidal that day? Giving an inexperienced teenager full-use of a miraculous when there's a dozen other heroes that have to wait for Ladybug to dish them out? (Y/N) scoffed, Aasraa's master was either a genius or insane, and they weren't sure how eager they were to find out. However, morbid curiosity got the better of them (Y/N) could feel their heart pounding as the raven spoke "How would I do this? The hero thing," they asked, holding up the thin silver bracelet now settled on their wrist with a pleasantly small clink of the interlocked chains.

Aasraa laughed, clearly both amused and caught off guard "The hero thing," he asked, his eyebrow raised, "You just have to take down the akumas to the best of your abilities, leave the rest to me until you get a grasp on things, young one," he said in his best attempt to bring some form of comfort. Aasraa fluffed his wings slightly before he spoke again "I haven't been used by a wielder in many years, so this will be a learning experience for the both of us." 

(Y/N) nodded along, listening intently as they tried to picture themself as a superhero "So how do I power up and stuff?"

Asra chuckled "Is that what they're calling it? Powering up," when (Y/N) nodded, he grimaced at the lack of refinement before amending and answering the very obvious question "In order to bring forth your power, all you have to say is 'Aasraa, let's fly', and to go back to normal, you say 'Aasraa, wings down,' okay?"

Y/N) nodded, jumping at the sudden knock at the door. Asra quickly and soundlessly vanished into the bracelet as the door opened, showing the very much welcome streak of blue hair. Luka smiled, setting down an almost unbelievable amount of bags with a smile on his face.

"(Y/N), honey, did you sleep okay?" he asked as he dug around the bags looking for something. 

(Y/N) nodded, craning their neck to see what Luka was looking for "Yeah, yeah I slept fine," they said, "what's with the bags?"

Lean on Us: NEW AND IMPROVED (LukaxAdrienxReader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें