Chapter 124 - Monastery's Shield

Start from the beginning

[<Aesa advisers -user- DO NOT try what -Ikarus- is currently thinking, that plan holds too much risk to be viable and is not guaranteed to work>]

Aesa rudely cuts me off from the master plan I'm thinking of, I don't think there's much else I can do though. How else am I going to take him out when my most powerful magic attack can only do twenty damage?

'What else am I supposed to do!? You do the maths behind such a thing; I can't drain his health any normal way and I've only really got two abilities I can use for damage. One of which would kill everyone on this entire island!'

[<...>]

I've already exhausted my daily use of the nuke, meteor shower and aspect now. I should've bought more abilities if I knew a foe like this was around but there's no time for regrets, I'm bringing this fucker down one way or another. Even if the method I'm thinking of does hold some risk, it's got to work differently to magicka, right?

By now, it seems Mr Mecha has reloaded his explosive crossbow and is aiming for another round of explosive fried bird. Might as well try and ease the tensions despite this fight looking pretty bleak right now, Aesa better not deny me access otherwise this fight is going to go on way too long, that's if I can even take him out alone. I still don't thing even downing a magic potion would allow me to get through enough of his health though and if Petra couldn't finish him with a sword, then what chance do I hold?

I make my way back into the cover of sunlight and once again, his accuracy sucks while the sun works as my shield. I'll be unable to use this tactic in ten minutes or so once the sun completely sets.

"You blasted coward! Come back down here and face your fate! Otherwise... I'm going to switch my attention elsewhere"

As soon as he says that, I stop trying to dodge the attacks and charge back down. I know he's talking about the downed Petra; she may be out of sight right now behind a wall but we both know exactly where she is trying to recover. If he dares lays a hand on her, I'm purposely going to stop this just before he dies and hopefully make this hurt even more...

'Aesa, activate it'

[<Please -Ikarus-, use this in a different way than your intention>]

It almost sounds like system is concerned for me right now. The option to draw this out and try to round up Penelope and Zeki to give a hand is a possibility but for all I know, this guy has some hidden healing capabilities and the fact he's basically brought Petra down to her knees... No, I'm ending this now, I can outlast this fucker.

'Aesa, it'll work, just trust me'

[<Fine... ability -star blaze- has been activated... good luck>]

Now that I know that it's building inside me, I need to get as close as possible and the only way I can do that is rapidly closing the distance between us. Unfortunately, there's only so much you can do against a rapid firing weapon when you're charging into it, I've managed to just about avoid most of them but not all.

'Fuck! My wing!'

One of the arrows just made impact with my wing and has blown a decent sized hole through it. Despite this, it hasn't slowed me down in the slightest but the pain is pretty unbearable.

"What are you doing heathe-... Huh?..."

And that's when I know I've got him. Grabbing onto the mechas back once the distance between has been closed, he's now going to experience something I bet he never expected. I'm not letting go till he drops dead now.

"What the devil is thi-... arghhh!"

Star blaze always takes a little time to cook and now the fire is starting to expand slowly consuming us both. Other than my magic, there's not much else I can realistically do and this seems to hold more power than normal fire for whatever reason, maybe because it's an ability. It is supposed to based of a star as well,