CHAPTER 19

What?!

What?!

Gasps echo around the hall. Alice's face falls morphing into shock and anger. 

"Yes, There are reasons like I'm not in love with you anymore. I guess I haven't been since the past two years. In our relationship, I felt I was the only one who put in effort. You were too busy with your career. But I was and am glad that your career is taking off but don't you have some time for your family? I bet you weren't working 24/7 in the past two years. Also, another reason is that I'm in love with someone else now." 

"How could you, Kai?" Alice starts with her crocodile tears. 

"HEY! STOP THE WEDDING!" A man's voice resounds from behind us. We turn our attention and find David panting. Kai frowns. 

"Why?" He asks. 

"Because that woman is a cheat!" David points at Alice. Alice's eyes widen at him. 

"She has been cheating on you for two years! She has been cheating on you with me for two years! I told her I wanted to be together but she said she'd talk to you! It's the wedding day, Alice! Are you going to talk after the wedding?!" Kai's furious gaze turns to Alice. She cringes away from his gaze. 

"Kai! Take my advice and leave that bitch! She's not worth it! She is nothing but a cheating liar!" David roars loud enough for everyone to hear. After a few minutes, Kai says,

"I knew. I knew she was cheating on me." Those words spin my whole world. He knew?! He knew that Alice was cheating on him? 

"How? I had one of my friends show me proof of that. She had photos with her. David and Alice were unrecognizable, but she somehow did recognize them, captured them, and showed them to me this morning. That is also one of the reasons I was breaking off this marriage. 

I get it. I was not the most perfect boyfriend but couldn't you once come and talk to me or leave me? Was that too much to ask for Alice?" 

"Yes, you weren't but couldn't you come and talk to me?" Alice fires back. Even after so much humiliation this bitch still has- 

"I did," Kai's voice booms. 

"I tried, every year, every week, every day, I tried talking to you. But you were "busy". I finally got what kind of busy you were. What about leaving? Why couldn't you leave me? If I was such a bad boyfriend why couldn't you leave me and go to David who was making you happy? Because I was paying for your career. You knew David did not have as much money as me so you stayed with me for my money." 

"That's not true!" Alice shrieks. 

"It is! It's the truth, Alice! You did not leave me because of my money and you knew if you go out into the world without a good net worth you will be treated like dust." 

Alice looks down in embarrassment. It was a silent approval of what Kai just said. 

"Wow, Alice! And here I thought you loved me." David's voice says. 

"If you were so unhappy then why didn't you break off our marriage?!" Alice shouts at Kai. 

"Because I wanted you happy! I wanted to see you happy! If you remember correctly you were the one who wanted to get married quickly. I was the one trying to put it on hold but you wouldn't budge. You said it would make you happy. So, I did it.

So, Alice Pollard, I disapprove of you as my life partner and want April Macabre to be mine." His eyes shift to me and soon everyone's too. Kai's family, Alice's family and everyone present here. 

"WHY THAT BITCH!?" Alice yells. 

"Because that woman made me feel things I never could with you. She made me feel. For the first time in my life after my mom's death, I cut out emotions. I never wanted to laugh or love. But she taught me that both of those things are beautifully perfect. With her, I felt complete. I did not feel like I was left alone. Even if it was just a friendship. Imagine if her friendship is so worthy then imagine how much her love will be worth." This time I cried with happiness. 

Kai loves me. 

Kai loves me. 

Kai loves me. 

Kai loves me. 

Kai loves me. 

The more I chanted it the more unreal it felt. He loves me. He liked me. He wanted-no needed me.

"So, April Macabre will you be my partner for to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love and cherish you. Will you be mine?" He stops in front of me on 'mine'. It is a dramatic silence, no one speaking just staring. Everyone anticipated. 

"Yes,"