Falling for forever.

...it wasn't so bad. He had been through far worse.

With that thought, he realized this was a dream.

An odd one, but surely just a dream. It calmed his nerves to register this, but something about it felt so terrifyingly real.

"Get yourself together, Wukong." he cradled his head in his hands, hunching over. "Wake up. Wake up." he repeated this over and over.

It was impossible for Mihou to be here, he knew this. Impossible for him to be anywhere anymore.

He was still 6 feet underground.

" Is that so?"

A voice. It ebbed at the back of his mind, quiet at first, then louder.

"It's been quite some time. "

He knew this voice, yet couldn't place it. It held no malice nor friendly intent. Simple and bland. He turned to face them, only to find nothing behind him. Nor ahead. Or at the sides. He was alone.

"Hello?" he asked, puzzled. "Who are you?"

" There is no need to see each other. " the voice mused. "I only came to talk and check-in on the progress. It won't take much of your time... Sun Wukong ."

An annoying sound pierced his ears, like a whistle. Sharp and startling. Wukong flinched, turning his head to the side. He rubbed his ear, "Progress?"

There is a long silence. For a moment, Wukong believes the voice has left, or never actually existed in the first place. Then they speak again,

It said something it really shouldn't have.

" The child certainly looks like the six-eared Macaque, don't they ?" A chuckle followed. Sick and twisted.

His star...

While empty a moment ago, a presence filled his hands. He looked down, startled to find his child sitting safely within his grasps.

"Qi?" His hands tightened around him by instinct. He felt relief and comfort to see him, quickly replaced with a growing concern that he was here.

Wukong's fur bristled, eyes sharpening dangerously. "Who are you?" he hissed, curling himself around his son.

"Destiny. "

He clicked his teeth in annoyance. "No such thing."

" Are you so certain ?" the voice seemed to whisper right against his ear. He whipped around to slash at them, just to hit open air. He stumbled back, clutching his child to his chest. This wasn't real.

Clearly it wasn't real. But no dream should be this intense. This was more than just some odd delusion- he was certain.

It felt familiar, actually. Dark and troubling, like a time long since forgotten. The whispers of evil and destiny. It could only be one person.

Wukong couldn't bring himself to fully believe it though, knowing he himself had helped bury that demon in the ground at the behest of his Master.

"What do you want?" he hissed. From the smoke and darkness- a hand emerged. Pale white and boney, it extended a long slender finger outward.

It pointed to his child.