Chapter 25. Little White Blessing

ابدأ من البداية

“Dorm system?” he asked, eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Nezu nodded. “Yes. The staff and I discussed the introduction of a dorm system after the USJ incident had happened, but had to dismiss it due to the paperwork given by the Sports Festival and the Internships we had to postpone it.” He said before looking at Eri and back to Izuku. “I’m pretty sure Eri might need a place to stay. Though your home is an option, it would be risky not only for Eri but also for your mother to be in the same place…”

“They will become a target if ever the other yakuza group members would find them.” Aizawa finished, making Nezu nod. Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose. “I don’t get paid for this shit.” he grumbled.

Nezu chucked and looked over at Izuku. “Not only that. The dorm system will serve for those students exposed to high ranking villains and incidents, such as you, Todoroki, and Iida in the Hosu incident and the Hero Killer’s capture. Which reminds me…” he paused before looking over at Izuku with a smile. “Congratulations on ranking 35th, Izuku Midoriya.”

This made Izuku blink in confusion. Before he could ask what he meant by that, Aizawa pushed his phone out in front of Izuku. The boy was surprised by the sudden action but snapped out of it when he saw what was on the phone which made his eyes grow wide.

[Izuku “BlackWatch” Midoriya, a UA Hero Course student, voted to be ranked 35th in the Hero Billboard Chart JP after successfully capturing the Hero Killer: Stain and saving 27 civilians during his internship with Mirko, making him the first hero student to rank this high.]

Izuku was gaping like a fish out of water. If it weren’t for Eri being in his arms he would’ve fallen down to the floor, unconscious. The idea of him becoming a high ranking hero was his dream, but for it to happen in just a short time and in his internship, nonetheless, made it quite overwhelming for the Blacklight user.

He re-read the news article once again and noticed the date. “W-w-wait! This was made a day after Stain was captured. How am I just knowing about this?” he asked in an exasperated tone.

“Oh that? It was Mirko’s idea. She said it would be a good surprise when you return to UA.” Nezu said, chuckling at the boy’s twitching eye.

Sighing in exasperation, he spoke up. “Also, how can I rank this high if I still don’t have a licens—” he was cut off when Nezu showed him a card. Looking at it, Izuku was shocked to see what it was.

A Hero License… A Hero License with his name and picture on it… His own Hero License. He shakily took it from Nezu’s hand/paw and inspected it.

— — —

Provisional Hero License
Name: Izuku Midoriya
Agency: UA High School
Grade: First Year, Class 1A
Issued: XX/XX/20XX
Quirk: Blacklight
Hero Name: BlackWatch(Temporary)

— — —

“With the unanimous decision votes of the Top 10 Heroes and the Hero Public Safety Commissions deeming you worthy due to your heroic actions not only in Hosu, but also when you help Todoroki remember why he wanted to become a hero. You are now officially a hero.” Nezu said as he extended his arm/paw to the boy. “You can now be called out to the field whenever someone needs assistance. On behalf of the UA Staff, I congratulate you, Izuku Midoriya.”

Izuku was snapped out of his stupor when a tear fell down the license. He didn’t realize that he was crying. Izuku sniffed and wiped off the tears in his eyes. Smiling at the chimera, Izuku shook hands/paw with Nezu. “Thank you, sir. I’ll do my best.”