Cali shrugged. "I know that my maternal grandmother passed away when my mama was young and she was mistreated by her dad and stepmom until she moved out after graduating high school. I also know that my mom's brother shot my dad when I was a baby and he was partially paralyzed because of it—that's why my dad walks with a slight limp. I was told by my sister that my mom did have a support system, but their relationship was damaged when I was about one. I don't know who those people are though."

"Damn, that's fucked up." Jonah said. "I was adopted after my mother left me on my dad's front porch. He's not my biological dad, but she trusted him to take care of me before she took her own life. I got a good life out of it, but it's sad. Your mom's situation was different but if I were to be neglecting by my only support system, I would spaz on everybody involved."

"Yeah, it's a sad situation. My mama is a sweet person and she has her issues just like anybody else, but she doesn't deserve to be mistreated." Cali sighed.

"Now I wanna beat some ass because your mama is nice! She called me honey bun yesterday and that made me feel good!" Asia said, making everyone laugh. "And I hope her bitch ass brother got turned out in prison because yo daddy is fine as fuck and nobody deserves to be shot!"

"Aight, watch yo mouth." Kyran scolded as he took a sip of his water.

"Boy, you were just talking about her fine ass chocolate mama." Asia retorted.

"All I said was she was pretty and her skin looked smooth. You adding emphasis on the way her pappy looks!" Kyran defended.

Asia sucked her teeth and began to argue back, which caused a debate between the couple. Cali glanced at Jonah who just shook his head because he was already used to this.

-

"I just gave you money, Tristan. School hasn't been in for a full week." Taylor said as he buttoned up his shirt for work.

After being in the real estate industry for ten years, Taylor opened his own company and he is the number one realtor in the state of Tennessee. Karis retired from doing hair full time, which Taylor wanted her to do anyway. She passed her clients over to Zuri who were just as happy with her.

Now Karis just lives happily as a housewife. The kids constantly teased her by saying if there was a Real Housewives of Memphis, she would be the NeNe of the group. Even though Karis loved NeNe, she wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Tristan sucked his teeth. "I've been buying food. That meal plan sucks—I get hungry!"

"Boy—" Taylor took a deep breath while rubbing his forehead. "This is why I told you to get a job during the summer so you can save money. I'm picking you up and we're gonna work on budgeting."

"C'mon now, dad." Tristan said. "You're not gonna spare me any money?"

"You'll get money to last you until the weekend then we'll work on some budgeting; but I suggest you start using that meal plan." Taylor told him.

Tristan sighed. "I should've called mama."

"Your mama putting her foot down too. It's time for you to start learning responsibility, Tristan." Taylor warned. "We love you, but we gotta show you some tough love."

"I know, dad. That's why I'm still in the city because I wasn't ready to be long distance from y'all." Tristan replied.

"It's time to start learning. I'll send you some money to hold you off until we set you on a budget." Taylor said.

"Okay, thanks dad."

They hung up the phone and Taylor looked at Karis who was sitting on the bed with Lennox in her lap. "Your son stresses me out." He said.

Karis giggled. "He's gonna start calling Zuri next."

"Shit, Malik ain't letting that happen." Taylor kissed both Karis and Lennox on their cheeks. "I'm about to get going. Hold the fort down for me, LJ."

Lennox smiled. "See you, poppy."

-

"This doesn't seem weird to you?" Jaxon asked as he searched Cali's name on Facebook.

Kennedi shrugged. "Just like old times. I haven't been in anybody else's business lately so I gotta make that up."

"There she is." Jaxon said as he went to her profile. "It's private—you can't see shit but profile pictures."

"What y'all doing?!" Salah blurted, scaring both of them. "Up to no good."

"We're investigating." Jaxon replied.

"Get off of Cali's Facebook!" Salah scolded.

"She's right. Go on Zuri's page." Kennedi said and Jaxon did just that. Salah shook her head as she went to shower. She decided to leave them be because they were going to do whatever they wanted anyway, and she wanted to know the tea as well.

"Her page is definitely public." Jaxon said. "Oh shit—she's a hairstylist like Karis."

"Okay! Them wigs are laid, honey! See, we need to get back on good terms because I—"

"Shhh!" Jaxon said. Twenty years later and they were still the same. "She posted this picture of Cali standing in front of the sign of Clark Atlanta."

Kennedi gasped as she looked closer at the screen. "My baby sister decided to transfer to the Clark Atlanta University to continue her education. I'm going to miss seeing her pretty face, but I am truly a proud big sister—-oh my gosh! Jaxon! Jonah is friends with Cali!" Kennedi exclaimed. "I gotta tell somebody!"

"No, no, no!" Jaxon said, snatching her phone. "I think we should keep this between you, me, and Salah then let everybody find out on their own—especially Killian."

"Why?" Kennedi asked.

"Just allow them to wander." Jaxon replied.

Kennedi sighed. "Okay, but I'm going to tell Salah!"

"She might be in the shower, Ken." Jaxon said as she stood up.

"So, I've seen her naked before. We cool like that." Kennedi said as she continued to walk towards the master bedroom.

"How you in your forties and you still act the same from when you were in your twenties?" Jaxon scoffed, shaking his head. "Aye, don't be looking at her titties!"

"Boy, hush!" Kennedi retorted once she reached the bedroom. "Salah, girl! Guess what?!"

-
-
-
-
-

Kennedi & Jaxon found out.. 👀 did they make the right decision to not tell everyone???