04- A Game Of Chest

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"And who are you to decide that you pathetic human?" Esabella asked on top of her lungs.

"I only talk with my guns, fists and swords. Tell me, who am I, lady?" the masked female replied with a shrugged. The pack was wondering why the king was quite. Kelsey who was standing on top of the stairs almost asked that particular question.

"Now be a good little girl and go back to where you came from and I will keep my mouth zipped about your little secret, for now," she added with a sigh but her eyes told Esabella she would expose her if she tries anything stupid.

"Wh...whaa..... what are you talking about?" She dared to ask but not before stumbling upon her words though.

"You know what I'm talking about so don't try to play dum with me, young woman," the masked female replied with a humourless chuckle at the end of her words.

"Fine. I will leave but this isn't over and you should remember that he's mine," Esabella said pointing her index finger at the king.

The masked female took hold of her finger and said sternly, "Do not point your finger at the king". She let go of Esabella's finger with a huff of breath and Esabella walked away after glaring at the girl with hatred.

"We need to talk, your majesty, in private," she said after the park dispersed with giggles and murmurs.

"Sis, see you at the dinning room after you're done," the masked male said as he walked upstairs with Kelsey in tow after they got a nod from her sister. The king looked at their joined hands but as soon as she realized what she retracted her hand with an apology.

"Can we talk somewhere else?" She asked looking at his chest.

"Yes. Follow me," the king said walking towards the elevator beside the stairs on the left. The elevator arrived on the sixth floor of the pack house. Both stepped out with the doors closing behind them. He walked to his living room and sat on the couch and motioned for her to do same which she did.

"What do you want to talk about," he asked curiously.

"Do sense pregnancy?" She asked in a serious tone. The king almost chuckled at her question, he can sense a heartbeat so why can't he sense pregnancy?

"Yes I do," he replied cooly.

"Can you sense when it belongs to you?" She asked with furrowed brows. At this question, the king was stunned, of course he can.

"Yes," he replied truthfully.

"Then, you should know if it is yours then," she said with a sigh.

"Yes it belongs to me," he affirmed, knowing she was talking about Esabella's pregnancy.

"That's the thing my king, that pregnancy isn't yours. She's been lying to you. It the spell that makes it seems like it is yours but the truth is far from that, my king," she replied with another sigh.

"But I've slept with her and I was her first," he muttered. His tone held confusion.

"My king, you never did slept with her otherwise I would have known the moment I held her finger," she replied truthfully. Somehow, the king was letting his cold facade slip off in her presence which had never happened with anyone before.

"How do you know with just a touch," he asked doubtfully.

"I can read the past and from what I saw she isn't what she portrays to be. She isn't just an ordinary daughter of an alpha. She's the daughter of a vampire lord and a werewolf Alpha female and male," she said with a cold gaze.

"They're all over you," she added.

"I will take my leave now," she said with a polite bow of her head and exited the living room while the King's growled in anger, how dare Isabella cast a spell on him. He was so gonna deal with her brutally. Is this what Thunder has been trying to say all this while, he was so focused on his enemies to realized they were already in his territory and kingdom. He felt betrayed and that's what he hates the most.

He has known Isabella for fifteen good years and thought she was a decent girl and had even thought that her father was a friend of his but he didn't realize that that friend had been plotting his downfall. He has lived for over a hundred years and didn't consider others his friends easily but it was only because Esabella's father saved his nanny whom he cares about a lot that was why he considered him a friend and ignored all the sighs that he brought with him.

"Calm down, you don't want her to see your beast now," Thunder warned, although he was also angry, he controlled it. The king's anger subsided when he understood what Thunder meant. He went into his bedroom with a sigh. If they want to play a game of chess, then he's ready.

Although he doesn't have a queen to watch his back in this game, he just got someone more than an ordinary queen. He will not allow his kingdom to be classified under the fallen kingdoms. There's a reason why people fear him and he is going to keep up with that reputation.

The king walked into the dining room where food was being served and members of his pack filling in. His eyes scanned the room looking for the familiar figure of his new guard, he meant the female guard. Why he was searching for her was a mystery to him since Thunder wouldn't tell him why they seemed drawn to the girl in the first place.

He frowned when he didn't see her, the pack members who were present raised brows at their king in question when he was looking around as if searching for someone but not finding the person. The truth is they have an idea who he's looking for but they wanted to be sure so they kept quiet and kept waiting in anticipation for what would happen if that person walked in.

As everyone thought, they heard the sound of soft footsteps coming from the living room. They watched as his head snapped in the direction of the footsteps but he averted his gaze as soon as he saw her, grabbing a serving tray from the table, the king started piling up different foods onto one plate before setting it on the tray and two glasses of orange juice and two bottles of water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Want me to continue? Lemme know 😉 Until next time. I have to pay the rest of my books a visit 😂😂. I'm so invested in "The King's Guard" that I almost forgot my first book which has over 9K reads. Love you all.