Chapter 11: 'So, what's new in your life?'

Warnings: mature language, emotional scenes

The next few days Chris and I just chill around the house, taking work calls and arranging little things here and there.

I walk Ruby occasionally and he walks Dodger at the same time but not together.

We've been at his place for a bit but I didn't have a place to drop Ruby so I had to go back every so often, also because she's still sick.

We've just woken up at his house in bed together.

"Good morning handsome, how are you feeling?" I ask when I see he's opened his eyes.

"I'm feeling good, having you here next to me. Good morning to you too. How do you feel?" We have this ritual where we ask each other how we feel every morning.

"I'm feeling fine. I've been worrying about Ruby again.." The last few nights I've been laying awake, thinking about if something's wrong with her right now, I'm not there to help her.

"When she gets better we can introduce her to Dodger, then we can stay here with them." Chris suggests.

"Yeah, I like this house more than the apartment, it gives us space to move around." I tell him.

"That's what I like about houses." We exchange a smile. "I should get up, I'm hitting the gym today." Chris says.

"Any chance I can come with just to see you work out?" I flirt. "No, if you come with you actually need to work out too."

"Maybe I should. Meet me at my place in two hours?" He nods.

"Wait, what do you need two hours for?" He then asks.

"I'm taking a shower, searching my gym clothes which are probably hidden behind all of my other clothes, I need to check, feed and walk Ruby and after I need to gather my things to go." I inform him.

"Okay, two hours tops. Or I'm going by myself." He informs me. "Yes, dad." I joke.

I go home and finish up the list I made in my head. I first search for my gym clothes that are hidden somewhere behind all the clothes in my closet.

When I'm done Chris picks me up and we go to the gym

I pretend to exercise the whole time but really I'm just looking at Chris, he looks even sexier when he's working out.

"Come on, let's do some weightlifting." He suggests. I nod and we go to the weightlifting area.

"We have to spot each other so nothing goes wrong. I think you should do around 10kg. I'll spot you." He stands at my head and I start lifting the weights up and down.