1.1

"and you call me up again just to break me like a promise!" luna sang at the top of her lungs while tears streaming down her face.

"so casually cruel in the name of being honest, im a crumpled up piece of paper lying here cause i remember it all to well..." she sang again, but this time as the line of the bridge ends, her voice slowly fades into a weak whimper, gulping down her beer which she made rocco buy for her in the nearby 7/11.

"tama na yan..." rocco tried to stop her. they had sat down the benches in 7/11 and ate ice cream an hour ago, and now they were both seated at rocco's parked car outside, upon luna's request.

"lasing ka na,"

why he bought luna another liquor is also a question to him.

maybe because of her deadly deadly attempt of punching him on the arm.

"i was—" —she hiccuped— "but now im not."

"sure."

she looked at him. it was minutes of silence while looking at him before she finally spoke,

"ano nga ulit pangalan mo?"

he snorted.

right, he hadn't told her his name yet.

"rocco."

"rocco," she repeated, nodding. oddly enough, that made rocco's ears perk up, the hairs on the back of his neck rise. he began to feel warm.

there was a pause, then she spoke again, "have you been in love, rocco?"

he was taken aback. seryoso? ito tanong niya when they literally just met a while ago at oqtagon?

when he didn't speak, she looked at him.

peeked at his expression.

studied his face.

"nainlove na." she nodded, as if she confirmed something. "sure 'yan."

he smirked. "at pano mo naman nasabi?"

this time, it was his turn to face her. ngayon, pareho silang nakatitig sa isa't-isa, as if challenging each other. as if studying each other.

luna raised her eyebrows. she was the first to break eye contact, leaned on her seat and drank on her almost empty beer can.

almost empty beer can.

which means it was almost time to go.

sayang, she thought to herself. she still wanted to talk more. maybe next time then.

 maybe next time then