𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:❝︎Therapy Box❞︎

❝︎Therapy Box❞︎

HARPER HAD DEALT WITH A LOT IN HER LIFE, THAT MUCH SHE KNEW TO BE TRUE. From killing her parents a few years back, to having to face multiple monsters almost every day it seemed, and now everything that had happened with the Saltzman family, a part of Harper wanted to escape it all. She wanted to leave it all behind, to get on a bus and never look back. She loved Josie, and she'd never want to leave her, and that's why she stayed. Whilst she stayed mostly for Hope as well, Hope could handle her own, and Harper would never leave her behind if she asked her to stay. Harper knew that she couldn't see anything else happen to Hope. If for some godforsaken reason something happened to Hope, if her tribrid side was activated, Harper had to admit that she didn't want to stay around for that. She didn't want to be around to watch her best friend burn everything to the ground.

She sat there in one of the cold metal seats, an arm crossed over her chest whilst the other arm was laying on her lap, Josie's hand tightly intertwined with hers. She didn't want to let Josie out of her sight, and she hated that she was being so clingy to her, but Harper couldn't help it. She couldn't lose anyone else. She truly couldn't. Hope and Josie were the two most important people in her life, and if she lost them, she would simply lose herself.

They were all seated in front of Emma; all being Hope, Josie, Lizzie, Harper, MG, and Rafael. Emma was standing in front of them, having stayed longer than she had truly intended just because she knew that her students needed help when it came to coping with their recent trauma's that they've all dealt with.

"As supernaturals, we all carry a burden." Emma started, looking at each and every one of them. "Our eyes are open to evil. And recently, you've had to face it. Some of us process these traumas by suppressing what happened. For others, it's easier to bury it deep inside and pretend like nothing's happened at all. Still, other's may take a different route, such as. . ."

"Pushing people away in an attempt to self-isolate?" Hope suggested. "Because everyone they love is in perpetual danger, which often results in them becoming perpetually dead." She held out her hands like it was obvious. "See? There. That's it. That's my therapy. Can I go now? Because, uh, Landon's outside trying to fly and could use a spotter."

"Afraid not, Hope," Emma dismissed her request, "because the point is we can all do better at processing the trauma's we've been through. Which is why Dr. Saltzman has asked me to conduct a special group lesson today." MG's head shot up and he immediately shook his head, not wanting to do it. Josie sighed from beside of Harper and Harper just kept her eyes focused on the floor.

Lizzie decided to take the positive approach. "I, for one, could really use this, and I would appreciate everyone's support."

MG spoke up from his spot behind Lizzie. "Honestly, I don't know why I'm here, but I'm down to help."