𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR:❝Enjoy People's Pain❞︎

CHAPTER FOUR:
❝Enjoy People's Pain❞︎

     "BE SAFE." Harper softly told Hope, a gentle smile on her face. Hope looked at the girl who she claimed to be her best friend and smiled, nodding her head. She knew the real worries behind Harper's words, and she placed a reassuring hand on the girl's shoulder.

     "I'll be back soon, alright? Have fun at the game."

     "Oh, I'm not going." Harper denied, shaking her head.

     "What?" Hope frowned at this.

     "It's just not my forte." Harper admitted. "I'm going to take the day practicing my magic."

     "But, what about Josie? I know she wanted you to be there."

     Harper bit her lip before shrugging. "I'm only going to sit there and read. I think that would be rude, so I don't want to do that. Plus, crowds aren't really my thing. You know that."

     "You aren't going to hurt anyone, Harper. You have your powers under control."

     "Mostly." Harper corrected. "Go. I'll see you when you get back." Hope nodded before hugging the girl and then leaving. Harper sighed before making her way to the library, sitting down and reading her book.

     "Harper, what are you doing? We're leaving." Josie appeared in front of the girl, making her look up from her book. She saw the confused look in her eyes, holding out her hand for Harper to grab. And she couldn't disappoint Josie, knowing her father already wasn't going to the game. She offered a tight smile before closing her book and grabbing Josie's hand, walking out of the library with her.

They arrived and Harper sat on the sidelines, watching the game from afar. They weren't allowed to use their powers, and according to Lizzie their goal was to lose. She actually sat there watching the game, her chin placed in her hand as she watched the game that she felt was way too violent for her. She watched Lizzie and Josie conversate with one another, and she tucked her hair behind her ear before silently listening to the conversation.

     "One word." Lizzie angrily huffed. "One word and I could burn her perky little boobs to ash."

     "Hey, but we're not going to do that today." Josie told her. "Today of all days, right?" Lizzie didn't answer, instead she rolled her eyes and walked away. Harper frowned before managing to catch Josie's eyes from the field. Josie offered her a small smile, and Harper sent one back. Harper's eyes then moved towards MG who was talking with Penelope. The next round went, and MG scored, making Penelope smirk in satisfaction. Harper sighed before pushing her hair behind her ear.

     "Why come if you don't want to be here?" She almost jumped at the sound of Penelope's voice, turning her head to look at the girl. Penelope smirked, her hand placed carelessly on Harper's thigh.