𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:❝︎Croatoan❞︎

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
❝︎Croatoan❞︎

REGRET. She felt nothing but regret. Even though it's been a few days since the night of the decade dance, that guilt and regret was still bubbling in her stomach. Harper made her way through the halls of the school, arms crossed tightly over her chest. She had to talk to Charlie―︎ something that she's been avoiding. Making her way into the lobby, she came to a stop when someone came flying through the front doors, landing at her feet. Harper looked up, watching MG rush in, pushing the creature back causing Harper to spin out of the way. Lizzie came through the door, throwing her hand up and slamming the door behind her.

     She moved to where Lizzie was, turning her head when the girl placed a hand on her shoulder. Lizzie held up her free hand before yelling out a spell that would catch the creature on fire. MG turned to look at the blonde. "Lizzie, we have to trap it so that Malivore can't send another monster. Incinerating it kind of defeats the purpose?"

     "Okay, fine." Lizzie groaned, rolling her eyes. "Glacies corporis." Lizzie turned to look at Harper. "Thanks for letting me syphon you." Harper only nodded her head.

Her eyes moved around the room before she caught sight of Charlie hanging out with her friends. The blonde turned her head, meeting Harper's eyes. Charlie offered her a small smile, turning to her friends, saying a few words and then walking away. Harper met her half way, nerves all over the place. Charlie watched her with a amused smile, chuckling as she shook her head.

     "I already know what this is about." Charlie told her. Harper went to open her mouth but the girl stopped her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It meant nothing to me as long as it meant nothing to you." Instantly Harper's shoulders relaxed. "But hey, you ever want to do that again, just say the word." She gave Harper a wink before turning and walking away. Harper stood there, eyes wide and cheeks blood red. Out of everything she had been expecting, that wasn't it.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

     "OKAY, SQUAD." Lizzie spoke, causing the group to all turn to look at her. Lizzie had quickly called a super squad meeting so now Harper was sitting on one of the bleachers inside of the gym, watching the blonde with a bored expression on her face. "We have a problem, and we're down a witch because Josie's in Richmond for Commonwealth Day. Which is bad for us, because―︎"

     "A croatoan came through the portal." Hope finished. "And it killed a councilman."

     "What the hell is a croatoan?" Kaleb frowned.

     "Hold up." Kym, Kaleb's sister, snapped her fingers, causing the group to turn and look at her. "The lost colony of Roanoke." The group all exchanged confused looks. "Seriously? None of you?"