𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:❝Sand Clock❞︎

❝Sand Clock❞︎

"YOU'RE MOVING BACK IN!" Harper yelled in excitement, squeezing Hope tight with a wide smile on her face. Harper pulled back, letting Hope continue to decorate her room―︎a room that she now shared with Alyssa. "How does it feel to have a roommate?"

"I hate it already," Hope muttered.

Harper rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But, you're back, that's the important part. That and the fact that you and Landon are back together."

"And you and Josie finally got together." Hope smiled. "It took you two long enough."

"Did everyone seriously know but us?" Harper frowned.

"Yes. It was so painfully obvious. I seriously have no idea how you two didn't catch on like five years ago."

"Ya could've told me."

"I tried that approach. You denied me the right to speak." Hope gave her best friend a sarcastic smile. "I guess I'm going to finish setting all of this up. I'll see you later?"

"Of course." Harper walked out of the room.

She sat on one of the couches in the lounge, a book in her hand. She had a small frown on her face as she read. She was never one to read memoir's, but the one in her hand gave her nothing but anger. She was so invested in the book that she didn't even notice the approaching footsteps coming her way, jumping when arms came from behind her. She closed the book and looked up, a wide smile pulling on her face when she saw Josie standing there. The brunette leaned down, giving Harper a kiss.

"I have some errands to run," Josie said. "I'll see you later tonight?"

Harper smiled and nodded. "Tonight."

Josie gave her a kiss before walking away. Josie made it into her room, checking the hall before closing the door. She pulled out the sand clock that held the dark magic she'd used and placed it on the ground, surrounding it with candles. She sat on the ground, taking a deep breath before closing her eyes and muttering a spell. She saw flashes behind her eyes. The sand clock shattered on the floor. The school was on fire. Dark veins covered her face and her eyes were black. But the one that brought her from the vision was Harper's bloodied lifeless body that laid on the ground. Josie's eyes snapped open and she gasped. Fear pulled through her body as she quickly blew out the candles, stuffing the dark timer back into her bag. She had to find a way to get rid of this thing. If something happened to Harper. . . Josie wouldn't be able to live with herself.

Josie made her way into the library, pulling out books and notes, figuring out what she needed to do. The sand clock was sitting on the table, the dark magic swirling inside. All she could hear was Harper's voice in her head, telling her how wrong this was. She didn't want Harper to be disappointed in her, but Josie just couldn't help herself. Something inside of her was yearning to use that magic again. She was trying so hard to fight it, but she wasn't sure that was a battle that she was winning.