Enfranchised

The rating for this chapter is Mature- 18+ only 

Zaban Khamosh Magar Nazron Mein Ujala Dekha

Uska Izhaar-E-Mohabbat Bhi Nirala Dekha

-Tauqeer Ahmad

Kaisa Mujhko Bana Gaye "Ammar"

Kaun Sa Rang Bhar Gaye Mujh Mein

-Ammar Iqbal 

Meerab was anxious as she sat in the plush leather chair of a private plane. The chirpy air hostess informed her that her husband owned the aircraft. Meerab glanced at her husband, who was talking to the pilot in the cockpit. Even though he wore plain blue jeans and a white t-shirt identical to hers, he seemed to belong in this luxury. Yet, Meerab felt out of place no matter how warm and welcoming the jet's interior was. This part of her husband's life- where he was Murtasim Khan, the master of the universe made her feel that she was somehow not enough for him. She thought she was better at being the wife of a feudal lord than Murtasim Khan, the businessman. The glitz and glamour were such a stark contrast to the calm traditions of the Haveli. The only common thing between the two worlds of her husband was the danger that lurked in the corners and the power that took center stage.

Khan Sahab was relaxed and smiling; he looked five years younger as he chatted with the pilot. When Meerab had asked him where they were going, he simply told her, "To our honeymoon, dear Begum." When she voiced her concerns about leaving without meeting the family, he responded, "I am Murtasim Khan, and no one would dare to stop him from spending some time with his wife alone." When Meerab objected to the packing, he informed her that Heer was responsible. Meerab had no reasons left to justify her nervousness. She saw her husband come lazily towards her as the pilot announced take off. Meerab's heart thudded with fear. Panic gripped her senses. She had never flown before and was scared of heights.

Murtasim noticed his wife as white as a sheet as he approached her. It was not the way he wanted to start his honeymoon. The panic on her face made him reach her in two steps—he offhandedly intercoms the pilot to take off and instructed the hosting staff they would not be disturbed until he called for them. Excitedly, he had forgotten that this was Meerab's first flight, and clearly, she was petrified. Another reminder that there was a lot to be learned about her, another reason for them to spend some time alone. By god, he had missed her. Yes, they were together, but her studies felt like his wife had another lover, and he had invited him into their relationship.

Murtasim unbuckled her from her single seat, lifting her gently in his arms. He walked down his Gulfstream and gently put her on the loveseat. Sitting next to her, he secured her seatbelt and then his. Murtasim gently took her chin and made her look at him, "My eyes," Murtasim commanded, "The only place you will look into is my eyes, Begum."

As the plane raced onto the runway to ascend, Meerab felt her throat dry, but her husband's eyes were so compelling that she could not tear her own away, "Khan Sahab, I am terrified of heights." Meerab managed a whisper.

Murtasim traced her lips with his thumbs, "I noticed, dear Begum," his thumb now traced her jawline. "Do you not trust me to protect you, Meerab?"

Meerab did not know what to feel- the fear gripping her or the heat her husband's touch left on her skin. All she knew was that her breathing was uneven-the reason for it she could not pinpoint, "I trust you with everything I have, Khan Sahab."

"Murtasim, You will call me Murtasim this entire trip," Murtasim demanded as he brushed his lips against hers once. "There is no family, no elders, just you and me for one week, Meerab. Khan Sahab is for the Haveli and office, but when we are together, alone, it will always be Murtasim." His other hand slipped under her t-shirt as he traced her collarbone with the back of his other hand. "When you say my name, Meerab, the universe cheers for me," Murtasim whispered against her lips and trailed feather-light kisses along her jawline as the other hand slipped under her t-shirt to join the other.