Layla, her dog, is brimming with excitement. She showers me with affection by licking my face and nuzzling against me. Layla appears to be thoroughly enjoying our company, tirelessly running around. She dashes away into the distance only to come bounding back to us, creating an atmosphere of pure joy. Our faces remain adorned with smiles as we exchange glances, occasionally turning our attention to the exuberant dog.

"Rhea, miss?" a man spoke behind us.

Lumingon kami sa likod at lumabas si Mang Damian na may dalang prutas.

"Magandang umaga po, Mang Damian." Bati ko dito.

"Magandang umaga din po," sabay iniyiko niya ang ulo niya.

"Ano pong ginagawa niyo dito, Miss Rhea?"

Oo nga, anong ginagawa namin dito? Kakaalis lang nila Mang Damian kanina galing sa mansion niya at wala akong alam kung bakit niya ako dinala dito.

"Is my preferred picnic spot clean, Mang Damian?" She inquired.

"Yes, miss," Mang Damian responded.

"I came here with Jael because I needed some peace of mind. I've missed this place," she mentioned.

There was something in her eyes and expression.

Favorite picnic spot?

"Inalagaan po namin miss kasi alam naming importante sa inyo ang spot na yon," Mang Damian added with a smile.

Important? With whom?

"Please arrange the materials for the picnic. Soft and hard fabrics for the grass, fruits, food - you know the drill," she instructed.

"We will have a picnic?" mausisa kong tanong sa kanya. Tumingin siya sakin, tinaas ang kilay pero ngumiti.

"Yes, let's get inside first." She said, she holds my hand firmly and guided me inside.

We entered a spacious house together. The place was adorned with antique items and adorned with paintings by various artists. One painting that particularly caught my attention was by my favorite artist, Van Gogh. As I wandered around, my gaze settled on a picture displayed in a corner - the picture stood alone, featuring two people.

"Are you enjoying yourself here?" she asked.

I nodded in response, but my attention remained on the nearby picture.

"I'll go check on Manang Cecil. Do you want to join me?" she inquired.

"Dito lang ako," I replied with a smile. Ngumiti siya at pagkakuway umalis na para pumunta sa kung saan man sa parte ng bahay na to.

Tiningnan ko ulit ang imahe na nakita ko kanina. Taking a step closer to the it, its details gradually became clearer. The image was slightly aged but well-maintained, revealing a clear scene.

Upon closer inspection, I realized that one of the individuals in the picture was her. Her smile was sincere and heartfelt, while the other person was also smiling beside her.

Napatingin ako sa baba to gather my thoughts, realizing that the person in the picture might no longer be present, wala na. A sense of sadness enveloped me.

Could this be the reason for her cold and reserved demeanor? Could this past event have shaped her personality?

In the picture, she appeared youthful and carefree, accompanied by a person whose image was prominently displayed in her mansion. Ito din ang nasa picture niya sa mansion.

Ano ba ang tinatago niya?

Curious pero wala akong magawa. Her sudden presence startled me, she's in my back.